Cute Accent pt.8

"Alycia..."

The older Debnam Carey looks up to see her sister's girlfriend standing in the doorway of the hospital room. All she could do is let out a heavy sigh as she looks at the redhead, "Tierna..." But all pleasantries are ignored as the redstars player drifts to the other side of the hospital bed. Tears start to leak from her eyes as she stares down at her girlfriend, "What....what happened?"

Alycia tries to swallow the lump in her throat that has been there ever since she's gotten the call that her baby sister was in a hospital and that she was her emergency contact, "She was out for a walk. It was already late but she said she needed to clear her head. Time to think". Her voice shakes as she looks down at her hands that are now enclosed around her sister's cold pale one, "But she hadn't come back for hours and I was starting to worry and she wouldn't pick up her phone". Tears started to leak from her own eyes as she looks at her little sister who is laying motionless on the bed, "I got a call from the hospital saying she had been in an accident. A hit and run".

Tierna chokes back a sob as one hand goes to her mouth while the other finds itself over Lillie's only to realise that her hand was wrapped in a splint. Lillie was completely different from when Tierna last saw her. The right side of her face was badly bruised which was accented by the hundreds of tiny cuts that covered her entire face and sadly it wasn't like the fake makeup injuries that she was use to wearing while working and could be wiped away with a cloth. Her usual and hoodie and jeans attire was replaced with the usual customary hospital gown. But in the back of her mind Tierna could only think of what further injuries hid underneath it. But the most noticeable difference was the breathing tube shoved down her throat. But even with the tube helping her, her breathing sounded ragged and strained.

Not at all the soft soothing rhythmic breaths that often lulled Tierna to sleep.

"How bad is it?" Tierna rasps out. Alycia sniffs before answering, "Broken wrist, she had a dislocated knee but they reset it already". She takes another deep breath, "She has a few broken ribs on her right side and one of them punctured her lung so they have her on a ventilator until she can breathe on her own. They know she had a blow to the head but we don't know how serious it is until she wakes up".

"Do they know when she'll wake up?" Tierna asks not taking her eyes off her girlfriend. "They don't know" Alycia says quietly. Alycia remembers the day the doctors told her that there may be a chance that her sister will never wake up. Alycia felt as if she couldn't breathe. She refused to believe that she would never be able to talk to her Flower again. Because the thought of her never waking up again.

Well it simply destroyed her

But Tierna just shakes her head, "She's-she has to wake up". Her eyes scan over her battered and bruised face, "She has too". No more words were exchanged for the rest of the day. The pair just say there across from each other on opposite sides of the bed waiting hopefully for any signs of life. But sadly nothing happened as there was not even the slightest movement from the younger Debnam Carey. Before they even knew it the hours had faded away as the sun fell out of the sky and replaced by the darkness of the moon. There had been moments where they had drifted off to sleep but they had always made sure that one of them was awake in case something happened. But it wasn't necessary as the night was sadly uneventful.

The two were snapped out of their daze by the entry of the siblings mother. Who after discovering that her eldest had not left the hospital since being called forced her eldest to leave back for her hotel. She tried to get Tierna to go as well but she reassured her that she was okay and she wanted to stay with Lillie. It was only then when she was alone that it hit her.

Her hand flew to her mouth desperately trying to muffle the cries that left her. Her body racked with sobs as tears streamed down her face. "I'm so sorry Lils" she cries as she stares down at her motionless girlfriend who is currently clinging onto life. "I never should of made a big deal about that scene. We never should have fought. Maybe if we didn't you wouldn't..." But she doesn't finish as her voice breaks unable to think about it further.