Talkative - Jessie Fleming

Back again, this time it's someone not on the USWNT. It's our bean Jessie. I swear she's precious and must be protected at all costs. Anyway hope you enjoy.

Jessie's Pov
I scan the crowd trying to find her. It's been a while since we've been able to spent time together between preparing for the upcoming world cup and college. But it just makes times like these more special. So when I heard she was coming to my match today, I was counting down the days until she got here. "You looking for someone?" I turn and see Teagan looking at me. I nod before turning back to the stands, "Yeah my girlfriend's coming for the match today. I was hoping to see her before the match". Unfortunately my other teammates heard as well. "You mean the girl that gets you flustered but won't tell us anything about her. That girl?" I hear Ashley say. I roll my eyes but nod still scanning the crowd. "Awe leave Jess alone. It's not her fault she in love" Teagan joins in. Finally I spot her and wave to which she waves back. "Wait which one is she?" Kai asks. I smirk at them before walking away to warm up. "Oh cmon Jess. We've been dying to see the girl that has you so smitten" Sunni whines. Again I roll my eyes before turning to them, "You can meet her after the game, but right now we have to focus". They all moan but get back to the warm up. I look back one last time at Y/n to see she's already looking at me. I send her a wink before getting back to the warm up.

After the match which we won 3-1, we sighed autografts and took pictures with fans, we made our way to the dressing room, but on the way there I saw her, "Y/n!". I run and sweep her up into a hug spinning her around. When I put her back down I pepper her face in kisses and she giggles. We both beam brightly at each other as I place a kiss on her forehead, "I've missed you so much love". She's about to reply but we hear a cough come from behind us. We turn to see the rest if the team looking at us most if them smiling mischievously at me. I cough as I feel my cheeks get red and I see Y/n seems to have the same problem, "Am guys this is Y/n my girlfriend. Y/n this is the team you already know most if them I'd say". She nods and smiles in their direction as the team say hi. "Finally great to put a face to the name" Teagan says slapping a hand on her back to which Y/n smiles at her. We talk to her for another 5 minutes before we have to go change. "We should go shower and change, but you can come with us to get eat after. Wait by the car park and I'll be out in a few minutes. She nods and give me a quick peck before walking towards the car park. I turn back to head into the dressing rooms only to see the team smirking at me, "oh shut up".

We were at a café sitting around waiting for our food telling stories. Y/n was sitting on my right and we had our hands entertined. It was mostly Teagan Kai and Sunni asking Y/n questions. "Where are you from Y/n?" Teagan asks. Y/n looks at me quietly, "She's from London Ontario as well. We actually grew up together. But we only got together when we came to America for college" I answer. Y/n just nods her head. The girls look slightly surprised but shrug it off. "So where do you go to college so?" Sunni asked. "She's a Cardinal sadly" I tease as Y/n swats my arm as we giggle. The team keeps asking questions which I answer until Teagan speaks up, "Damn I thought Jess was going to be the quiet one in the relationship, but it looks like she's the talkative one though here". The team laughs as I glance at Y/n who drops my hand. She motions to the bathroom where I just nods. Y/n gets up from her seat quickly and goes to the bathroom. I sigh as the team look at me. "What's wrong with Y/n?" Sunni asks. "Yeah she ran away pretty quickly there and she hasn't really spoken a word to us at all today. Did we do something wrong?" Kai asks. I shook my head and ran a hair through my hair, "Guys the reason Y/n hasn't talked to you is because she's mute. She got into an accident when she was younger and it damaged her voice box leaving her mute. And she's really insecure about it with new people cause she has bad experiences with it from when we were younger, so maybe saying she isn't the talkative one isn't really the best idea". The team look down at this especially Teagan who slumps in her chair. "Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it like that. It's just she used to get bullied about it at school when we were young and I just really protective of her" I apologize but the team nod at me. "I'm going to go check on her, ".

When I enter the bathroom what I see breaks my heart.

Y/n is leaning up against the sink with tears silently sliding down her cheeks. "Aw love" I rush over to her and wrap her in a hug. She puts her head into my chest as I feel the tears wet my jumper. "I'm sorry love. They didn't know. But it doesn't matter. I still love you so much Y/n. I've known you since we were kids. I know the real you and you know the real me. You knew me before I was ever playing soccer. I love you and nothing will ever change that". She stopped crying and looked up at me. I gave her a gentle kiss trying desperately to show her how much I love her. We both pulled away and I have her 3 quick kisses on her head which is our own way of saying "I love you".

After she got tidied up we went back out to the table. The team apologized and the rest of the night went back on track. I just look over at Y/n who was laughing at something Teagan said. I can't help but think,

"I'm going to marry that girl someday".