All the Right Moves - Rose Lavelle

"Hey guys! So today is obviously a very special day. It's been something I've been looking forward to for ages now and honestly I feel so privileged  to be doing this" I smile into my camera. "So today I'm going to be meeting the women of the US National Team. So we're obviously going to play around with a ball maybe hang out a bit and yeah. It's going to be awesome!"

I point the camera at my gear bag, "I got my boots, I got my ball and I got my gear. So we're good to go!" I grab my bag and left to go meet them at the stadium. They sent a car to come pick me up so as we drove I got some footage to do a time lapse for the video. As I was walking through the tunnel to meet the team on the field I start talking to the camera again, "Guys I'm about to meet them. I'm freaking out. Like I'm about to meet world champions! The best team in the world! So let's see how it goes".

I start walking towards the benches where they're all gathered and as I come closer Vlatko was the first to notice me, "Ah there you are!" I smile and wave, "Hello!" He just gives me a smile, "Thank you for coming". But I just shake my head, "Honestly it was no trouble. Thank you for inviting me!" He chuckles as he turns to the team, "I want us to try and be more creative on the ball. I want us to try stuff that no other team has even thought of so I invited Ms L/n here to train with us". "Not that some of you need any help with that" I add looking at Tobin Heath having to stop myself from fangirling.

Vlatko smiles at me, "Well I'll let you take it from here then". I shift nervously on my feet as the whole team looks at me before I start, "Well uh for those of you who don't know me I'm Y/n L/n and I'm a soccer freestyler. I have a YouTube channel called For Kicks where I post vlogs and soccer challenges and other stuff and yeah". "They're really good" Christen Press smiles. My eyes widen, "You've watched them?" She nods and nudges Tobin beside her, "It's hard not to when this one keeps sending them to me". I close my eyes and press my fingers to my temples. "Uh are you okay?" Someone asks. "Yeah yeah I'm fine. Just trying to process that Tobin Heath actually watches my videos". Everyone laughs as I open my eyes again.

"But anyways I thought that we could start by messing around and just getting a feel for the ball. Then we go into a big game of Panna. Maybe some 2v2's and 1v1's afterwards. Then if some of ye are up for it I have some challenges to film as well" I smile counting them out on my fingers. "What's Panna?" Mal asks. But Tobin and I just grin at each other, "Well usually it's mostly a 2v2 or 1v1 game where you try and roll the ball through the other teams legs to win. But I was thinking more of a big game with last player standing?"

"Hold up just a minute" Sonnet speaks up. She points at me, "You" points to the rest of the team, "want us to try and win a nutmeg game" she points at Tobin, "against the designated Queen of Nutmegs?" I shrug with a smile, "Yup!" She shrugs, "Okay then".

We all laugh while I start rolling my ball under my foot, "Well get a ball and start messing around". Everyone gets a ball and starts playing around with it while I started setting up my gear. As I'm messing around with the settings I hear someone comes up behind me, "So this is what you do?" I see all the younger players as watching me. I shrug, "Yeah pretty much". I smile as I stop playing with the camera and focus on them, "It started off with just trick shot videos and then it just grew from there".

I start juggling the ball doing some around the world's and other tricks, "It went from trick shot videos to skill tutorials. By that time I started going to tournaments and filming them and I guess people liked it". I chuckle a bit as I balance the ball on my foot, "I guess people liked my awkward and weird personality as I started posting stuff on Instagram and other platforms. So I started doing more and adding vlogs along with challenges with other soccer influencers and players". I flicked the ball up and balanced it on my back in between my shoulder blades as I hold out my hand to shake their hand, "Which has lead me here to meeting you guys".