World Champions - Rose Lavelle

For this one the reader is a male so sorry about it but I kinda need it for it to be a guy for this because he's going to be on the French Men's National Team

Y/n's Pov
I fix my cap on my head as I walk through the streets trying not to be recognised which is even harder now with the women's world cup on in France. And it's not hard to pick them out as there are fans carrying their countries flags and where their home colours. I smile when I see a French jersey walking the streets.

I smile when I see a bunch of kids playing with a ball. One kid had the ball and started juggling it and tried to do an around the world but loses the ball as it rolls towards me. I smile as I stop the ball and start juggling it while walking back toward the group of kids. I kick the ball up and balance it on my back. While I'm hunched over I take off my sunglasses as I hold out my hand to shake one of the boys hands. The boy gasps as he jumps up and down before shaking my hand. They start speaking in rapid french as I laugh and talk to them for a bit. I take a few quick pictures before I'm on my way again.

I walk down the street to my original destination my favourite ice cream parlor. The shop was a small quiet one that kinda hidden on a side street that I stumbled soon one day and have been coming to since. To come here you would either have to know where your going or you just happened to stumble across the place.

When I walk in I see a group ahead of me having trouble ordering. The owners are friendly with me seeing as I'm a regular here. "Salut Pierre, tu as besoin d'aide?" (This came from google translate so sorry if this isn't correct. Hi Pierre, do you need some help?"). "Ce serait super merci Y/n" Pierre nods (That would be great thank you Y/n). I turn back to the group but I freeze when I realise who I'm talking to.

"Sorry we were here first" the defender says as she narrows her eyes at me. I shake my head and smile at them, "No no no. It's not like that. Pierre doesn't speak English so I was just wondering if he needed help with your order as I guess none of you speak French". The small red head blushes, "Oh sorry". "Would you mind ordering for us. Our french isn't the greatest" one of the blondes speak up. I smile, "Of course what are you having?". They all tell me their orders and then I turn to Pierre, "Puis-je obtenir un chocolat, une fraise, un citron, un oreo, une route rocheuse et mon habituel s'il vous plaît?" (Can i get one chocolate, one strawberry, one lemon, one oreo, one rocky road and my usual please?") Pierre nods and tells me they'll be done in a minute and they'll be dropped down to the table.

"Merci beaucoup" I thank him before turning to the girls, "they'll bring them to the table in a bit". They nod as they follow me to a booth and sit down. "Thanks for helping us. I don't think we ever would have been able to order if it wasn't for you" the brown haired midfielder smiles. "You know I would have thought you would have been fine seeing as one of you played for PSG when they were younger" I tease as the blonde blushes, "In my defense it's a bit rusty". "So I take it you know who we are so?" The freckles defender asks from beside me. I chuckle, "Well I mean who doesn't know one of the best teams in the world".

"We never got your name" someone asks. It's then I realise I never took off my hat and sunglasses. When I pull them off I can see all their mouths drop open causing me to laugh, "I'm guess you know who I am as well it seems". "Your Y/n L/n! Of course we know who you are!" Sonnett exclaims. "And your Emily Sonnett, Lindsey Horan, Kelley O'Hara, Mallory Pugh and Rose Lavelle of the US women's National Team" I answer. "You watch womens soccer?" Rose asks. "Of course I do. I always watch your games. You have some of the best players in the world on your team" I smile looking directly at her which causes her to blush and look down slightly.

Before anyone else can speak Pierre comes with a tray with our ice-cream and hands them out while he passes me my big sundae. Sonnett's eyes go big, "What is that?!" I smirk, "One of the greatest things you will ever taste". "Can I try some?" Rose asks shyly. "Sorry World Champions only" I tease, "maybe if you win the world cup then I'll share". "Yeah Rose world champions only" as Kelley swipes some of my sundae before I can stop her. I laugh as I fist bump Kelley as Rose pouts but I slide the bowl toward her as she tries some of mine. Rose smiles happily at me while taking some of mine.