The wrong Press - Tobin Heath

Y/n's Pov
I hear my phone buzz from the table. I untangle myself from my sister's hold and grab my phone. I groan as I see the notification pop up on my screen.

Preath4life: @Y/n_Press can you tell your sister that her and Tobin are so cute together 😍💞

I switch off my phone and lean back and go back to cuddling my sister, returning to the movie we were watching. "Everything okay, Y/n?" Christen asks rubbing my shoulder. I huff and snuggle into her shoulder, "I'm still getting messages from Preath fans telling me to tell you how cute you and Tobin are". Chris pauses the movie and turns to me, "I thought you told Tobin they had stopped?". I didn't meet her eye and started to play with my fingers, "Yeah I did". "Y/nnnn" christen drags out. "I know! I know! I know I shouldn't have lied. It's just when Tobs found out about the messages she got sad because I was getting annoyed which I know I shouldn't because I have nothing to worry about. I just didn't want Tobin to be upset so I told her the messages stopped" I explain. Christen sighs running a hair through her hair, "I understand why you did it Y/n but if Tobin finds out about the messages then she'll know you lied". I just slumped against the coach knowing my sister was right. "Look I know it's hards at times with the fans and the media always in our faces about our personal lives. But you have nothing to worry about. Tobin is so madly in love with you it's almost sicking. And you know Tobin is my best friend nothing more. Tobin loves you Y/n".

I sigh, "It's just annoying that everyone thinks that you are both together when your not. And we want to keep our relationship quiet because we don't want people in our faces about it". Christen wraps an arm around me, "I know it's tough sometimes. If it makes you feel any better it's obvious to me and the team. But maybe that's because we know how you really act when the cameras are turned off". I shrug just wanting to get off the topic, but Christen was always able to see through me, "What's really bothering you?". I just turn away and shake my head. Christen doesn't let me off though and instead takes both of my hands in hers and turns me face to face with her, "Y/n, we promised you always tell each other everything remember?".

I was always the closest with Chris growing up. I watched her grow into the talented soccer player she is from early on. And I always remember looking up to her and wanting to be like her. So I started to play soccer just like her and trained hard to try and be as good as her. Soccer helped us grow closer together. We were always there to help and support each and push each others limits. Whenever one of us thought we weren't good enough, the other was always there to push those insecurities away. But when Chris went away for college I felt a part of me leave with her. I lost a big part of my support system. I was always being hard on myself. My mind was telling me I wasn't good enough and I needed to be better. My insecurities grew until one day I almost quit soccer. My family noticed the changes and knew they needed to do something. Christen came back from college and tried to talk me but nothing worked. So christen decided to bring me to Stanford and show me around. She showed me the soccer program and I even met Kelley. Chris helped me find my love for soccer again and helped me realised that I didn't need to be the perfect player, I just needed to enjoy playing. I got back into soccer and was better than ever. I think the reason I wanted to keep playing soccer was so that I could inspire young girls to play the sport they love just like how Christen inspired me. Ever since then, Christen and I made a promise that we would always tell each other everything no matter how big or small it was.

But there's always times of weakness where the insecurities come back

"It's just I understand why the fans picture you two together. Like you two would be a great couple. And it reminds me sometimes that Tobin could do so much better than me. Like why would she want me when there's someone as perfect as you out there" I finally say. It's quiet for a moment before Christen thumps me in the arm.

"Ow Chris that hurt!" I moan rubbing me now sore arm. Christen rolls her eyes at me, "Y/n, how many times do I have to tell you. No body is perfect. There's no such thing. We all have our flaws. That's what makes us, us. We all have flaws, we all make mistakes and we get back up again and keep going. Some people may seem perfect Y/n, but they're not. I have flaws just like you and so does Tobin and everyone on the team. Some more than others like Kelley and Emily just have way too many to list". We both laugh a second before she continues, "But when people love you they love you regardless of your flaws. They are able to see past them and see how perfect you truly are. Just like how you see Tobin and Tobin sees you". I start to tear up looking at my sister. I tackle her into a back breaking hug and kiss her cheek whispering a small, "Thank you" into her ear. That's how we stayed. Me hugging her tightly wondering how did I ever get so lucky to call her my sister.

...........

We were back getting ready for the World Cup. We had all gathered for camp and was getting prepared and in the zone for the upcoming tournament. Tobin and I were rooming together I'd say because Jill knows the only people who can call me down are Tobin and Chris. We were just after a morning training session and I was getting out of the shower. I see Tobin standing beside the bed looking down at what I assume is her phone. I walk behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, "Whatcha doing?". I go to kiss her cheek but she breaks from my hug and turns and looks at me, "I thought you said these stopped". I look and realise that she's holding my phone and it's opened on a private message from some fan asking about Tobin and Christen. "Your phone kept going off while you were in the shower so I checked it and saw all the messages you've been getting. You told me they stopped. Why did you lie?" Tobin says you could almost hear the pain coming from her voice. I suddenly found my shoes very interesting. I feel Tobs put her hand on my chin and force me to look at her, "Y/n". "I'm sorry Toby" i say. "Why Y/n? Why did you lie?". "I know you were upset with how bothered I was getting by the messages. And with the world cup around the corner I didn't want you stressing over something dumb" I explain. "It's not stupid Y/n. If it bothers you it matters. It's not dumb. I just don't like the fact you lied about it when it clearly bothers you. But love you got to remember that, I love you. Not Chris,not anyone else" she whispers placing a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I shake my head and step out of her reach, "But why? Why are you with someone like me, when you could be with someone better? Someone perfect. Someone like Christen". Tobin stares at me for a few seconds stepping close to me and cupping my face, "I don't want anyone else, I just want you. You are perfect to me. You are the light of my life, my entire world. I can't think of anyone else who comes close to you. I love you and only you. You are the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I. Love. You". She kisses me softly almost trying to show me how much she love me. When she pulls away she rest her forehead against mine. I stare into her eyes for a minute, "I'm sorry". "It's fine, just next time please just tell me. We all get insecure sometimes. It's my job to remind you just how amazing you really are" Tobin says pecking the top of my head. "Maybe after the world cup we can tell the fans about us?" My eyes widen as I pull away and look at the midfielder, "Really?! Are you sure?". Tobin nods, "I want to show the world that you are mine and I'm yours. I want to be able to hold your hand on walks and tell you how much I love you without having it to be a whisper. I want to show the world how much I love you". I don't say anything. I just leaning in and kiss her hard to which she responds in kind.

God do I love this woman.

"I love you Toby. So so much". "And I love you too my world".

Hey guys! Sorry if this was somewhat similar to the last one, someone send me a prompt and i had to do it. In this chapter I talk about insecurities and how there is this idea of being perfect. I just want everyone to know that there really is no such thing as perfect. Like I said above, everyone has flaws, but our family and friends help us push past them and love them as well as the good parts of us. We all have flaws. God I know I have a lot. But if your reading this, I want to remind you, you are loved, you are cherished. Please remember that. You don't have to be 'perfect' just be you. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye!