Forgotten Date - Mal Pugh

Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day!! I thought I would do a valentine's imagine for all my fellow single pringles out there who don't have a significant other to celebrate with. And if you aren't single.....well then what are you doing reading this on Valentine's Day 😂 hope you enjoy!!

Mal's Pov
"Y/n! I'm heading to the gym!" I shout grabbing my water and my bag. "Wait!" I hear before there's some shuffling and she comes around the corner.

"Do you really have to go to the gym today?" She asks playing with her fingers. My eyebrows furrow together, "Uh yeah. I need to stay in shape. And I already called the gym saying I was heading in today".

She bites her lip and nods, "Um okay. I'll guess I see you later yeah?" I nod and smile at her, "Of course". I lean down and give her a quick peck on the lips before heading out the door, "Bye, I love you!" "I love you too!".

I get in the car and sigh. That was weird.

XXX

"Cmon keep going! Push it! Don't stop!" Thomas encourages as I keep doing the battle ropes. My arms are sore and my muscles are aching but I push through it and continue to move my arms up and down.

"Okay and in three, two, one take a break" Thomas counts. I drop the ropes and shake out my arms trying to get feeling back in them. "Okay take a small break and I'll be setting up the next section" he tells me tidying up the ropes.

I nod taking a big gulp of my water. As he picks up the ropes he looks over my shoulder at the entrance, "Y/n is here". I whip around to see my girlfriend standing at the door and smiles when she sees me, but I just tilt my head.

"Uh just give me a minute" I tell Thomas before walking over to Y/n. "Hey" she smiles hugging me. "Hey what you doing here?" I question. I give her a once over and she isn't wearing any gym clothes so she can't be here to workout with me. She's just wearing her usual jeans and a hoodie.

More like the hoodie she stole from me but anyway

"Are you nearly finished up here?" She asks still with the big smiley grin plastered on her face. I shake my head, "No Y/n I've barely been here an hour and a half. I'm staying for a while longer".

That still doesn't seem to affect her mood, "Is there any chance you would be able to finish up early today? I don't think Thomas would mind if you cut your session short today". I sigh, "Y/n I need to stay and work out. We can hang out later okay?"

But she doesn't give up and bites the corner of her lip, "Please Mal...I need your help with something". "I'll help you with whatever you need later okay? But right now I need to get back to my workout" I tell her. "But Mal-" "Y/n! Not now! Whatever it is can wait I need to get back to work!" I snap at her.

The cheery mood she came in with is has now disappeared as she lowers her head and plays with her fingers. "O-okay" she mumbles not looking at me in the eye. Usually I would apologize and make her feel better but I'm too annoyed to do so. "I'll talk to you later Y/n" I say before stomping back to Thomas who has the next circuit ready.

"Everything okay?" I turn back to the door and see Y/n is already gone. I face Thomas, "It's fine".

XXX

"So you wanna tell me what got you in such a bad mood" Thomas asks as he watches me do RDLs. I grunt as I continue, "Its nothing". "Well it's obviously something if your like this" he points out.