The One - Kelley O'Hara pt. 2

Honestly guys it's been a long and shitty day right now and the fact that I have to go to school tomorrow isn't helping. I need some positivity right now so I hope you enjoy this. Many of you asked for a part 2 so here it is!

"I'm disappointed in you"

I narrow my eyes at my son, "Shut up Sonnett". Sonnett throws her arms up, "But you were supposed to be the ultimate frat daddy! You were supposed to be single forever. You were my role model!" I rub the palms of my hands into my eyes, "Go away Sonnett". She goes to retort again but is silenced by Alex, "Leave her alone Sonny". Sonnett sighs and slumps in her chair.

I start to play with my food pushing in around my plate when I spot Christen smirking at me, "What?" She just shrugs with a smile on her face, "Nothing. Just have never seen you so hung up on a girl before. Your completely whipped". "I am not whipped!" I shout at her but she grins, "So your saying that if she called, you wouldn't drop everything and go hang out with her?"

Before I could even answer my phone rings. I dig my phone out of my pocket mumbling but internally curse when I see who it is. Alex laughs, "Looks like we'll find out now won't we?" I glare at my best friend as I answer my phone, "Hey".

"Hey wanna meet up today?" She asks. I sigh rubbing my forehead who glaring at Christen who is smirking at me. "If your busy it's cool" she says. "No no it's okay. I'm free today. What do you wanna do?" I say while giving my teammates the finger as they giggle at me.

"Well I was thinking coffee but I'm easy" she answers. "Your anything but easy" I mutter. "What was that?" She asks and I can already imagine her raises her damn eyebrow at me.  "Nothing nevermind" I shrug, "yeah coffee sounds good". "Cool I'll see you in a bit" she answers. I sigh, "See you in a bit".

I lean back in my chair and narrow my eyes at my teammates who all look at me with shit eating grins, "Shut up".

---

"Are you sure your okay?" She asks me for around the fifth time that day. I nod slightly giving her a small smile, "Yeah I'm good". She squints her eyes at me, "You sure? You've been acting.....weird". I cough and sit up straighter, "Yeah I'm sure. Anyways how was your date?"

She immediately scoffs before taking a sip of her coffee, "Horrible. She was a bitch. Way too clingy as well". I have to hide my smile behind me cup as I go to take a drink. She shrugs, "The sex was good though". I choke, "You still slept with her?" She grins at me with a shrug, "She was hot. I mean like really hot Kels. Definitely wouldn't do it again with her though".

I bite the inside of my cheek and nod. "What about you? Have you been seeing anyone recently?" She asks. I shake my head as I drum my fingers on the table, "No been kinda busy lately I guess". She smirks at me, "Sure your just not going through a dry season?" I roll my eyes and kick her shin under the table, "Shut up and no. I've just been busy. Haven't really found the time".

She just smirks while drinking her coffee. I bite my lip, "Can I ask you something?" She just nods while I sigh and look at her, "Why don't you date?" The smile disappears from her face while she leans back into her seat, "Because Love's a trick. It's not real. Everyone talks about the fairytale love where they end up happily ever after but that's a lie. It just doesn't happen like in the movies".

I scrunch my eyebrows, "Well yeah obviously it's not going to be like in the movies or the books but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist".  "Then why do people cheat? Why do people get divorced?" She challenges. I shake my head, "It just means they haven't found the one for them". "What if they don't have The One for them?" She asks. "Everyone has someone for them" I say confidently. "Not me" she shakes her head.