Her Defender - Tobin Heath

I growl for I'd say about the sixth time as I see Tobin being thrown to the ground again by Chapman. But it seems like the ref must have lost her whistle or maybe she's blind because once again there's no foul called. But like always Tobin still gets up. I'm in the middle of glaring down Chapman when Alyssa calls my name. I turn around to see her giving me a look, "Keep focus Y/n! Don't lose your cool".

"No promises" I mutter as I get back into position. I swear Tobin had spent more time of the ground than I have had on the ball. The US vs Canada game was always a tough match and was known for being a really scrappy and chippy game. But it seems that they were extra aggressive today.

Especially against Tobin

And the only reason I hadn't decked Chapman myself is because I'm too busy making sure no one gets down my side.

And because Alyssa has stopped me everytime I've tried

Matheson made a run up my side but I quickly shouldered her off the ball and dishes it off to Lindsey who played it up to Tobin. Tobin had barely gotten a touch on the ball when Chapman rammed into her from behind. Finally the ref called a foul which Chapman had the audacity to argue. I growl again sick of all these bullshit challenges about to march up to her but I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Y/n don't".

I keep my eyes on Chapman hoping that if I glare at her hard enough she'll somehow drop on the field with an injury, "She keeps going after Tobin". "I know but it won't do us any good if you get sent off" Alyssa says. After being checked out Tobin gets up and looks for me, giving me a thumbs up showing that she's okay. "See? Tobin's okay now don't do anything reckless" Alyssa tells me before going back to the goals.

The play continues but I don't get a chance to get revenge because half time is called. Making sure my path doesn't cross with Chapman's, Alyssa wraps an arm around me and guides me to our dressing room. "Lyssa let go" I grumble as we make it to the tunnel. But she tightened her grip making sure I couldn't get out, "No cause I don't want you doing anything stupid". I scoff as she pushes me into the locker room.

I turn around to glare at her but I'm met with my girlfriend, "Hey". I let out a heavy sigh letting my shoulders slump for the first time since the game started, "Hi". I look her up and down frowning at all the grass stains on her jersey and shorts, "Are you okay?" She grins up at me and stands on her tippy toes to reach up and kiss my cheek, "I'm fine. Definitely going to be sore tomorrow". I furrow my eyebrows and let out a low growl.

"Hey. Hey what's wrong?" She asks wrapping her arms around my torso. I hug her back hiding my face in her hair, "They keep going after you". She lets out a chuckle as she rubs her hands up and down my back, "Yeah but I always get back up don't I?" "Yeah" I mumble into her hair. She tilted her head up putting her chin on my chest looking up at me, "So you have nothing to worry about"

I pout as she chuckles giving me a quick squeeze. She leads me over to her cubbie and makes me sit down in front of it while she sits behind me. She starts to rub my back, tracing the numbers on my jersey. I hum as she digs her fingers into the tense muscles in my back. I close my eyes as I focus on her massaging my back leaning back into her.

I'm vaguely aware that Vlatko walks in and starts talking but I just sit and relax. Tobin pulls my hair out of my hair tie and runs her fingers through my hair while massaging my scalp. In just a few minutes I was purring under her touch.

"I'm sorry. Did you just pur?" Rose asks from her seat beside us. "Shut up" I grumble as Tobin stops her hands. I turn and look at her and whine, "I didn't say stop". Tobin laughs before bending down to kiss my head because continuing on her menstrations. I sigh as I relax back in between her legs.

"How did you do that?" Sonnett asks mouth wide open. "Do what?" Tobin asks. "How did you get the big bad 6 foot giant that is Y/n L/n, to turn into a soft cuddy teddy bear?" Sonnett says waving their arms around. "Shut up" I narrow my eyes at the defender and she shrinks back. But Tobin tilted my head back and gave me a quick kiss. I drop my head back down with a dopey smile. "Vicious to soft in point 5 seconds" Christen teases to which I stick my tongue out at her.

"I've never seen Y/n so soft before" Kelley cackles but is quickly silenced by a glare from me. We have to head back out for the second half but Tobin stops me holding my hand giving me a stern look, "No killing out there". I try and pout at her but she holds her look, "I mean it Y/n. You can't be making reckless tackles just because I get hurt". I sigh and tighten my ponytail and mumble, "Fine".

Tobin gives me her signature grin before grabbing me by the jersey and pulling me down to her height and giving me a kiss. A dopey smile appears on my face when she pulls away and pats my cheek and jogging into position. But not before shouting over her shoulder, "Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, Lyssa!" Alyssa shrugs as she gets into goals, "So business as usual'.

"Hey!"

My fellow teammates laugh as we wait for the game to restart. We get back into play and Canada are already back to their obvious fouls and the ref still isn't calling them. Thankfully we're up 3-1 and there's only around 10 minutes left if the game. Tobin is making another run up the wing but once again gets taken to the ground which the ref thankfully calls. But Tobin doesn't get up straight away.

And at that point I had had enough

"That's it!" I growl before marching up to Chapman who is being pulled away from the ref by her teammates. Alyssa tries to stop me but I've already made my way to the Canadian player before she can do anything. I shove her backwards which she returns weakly barely moving me at all.

I get in her face, well as best as I can with me towering over her, glaring at her, "Touch her again and I'll make sure you'll have to be carried off the field. I see her gulp hard before I'm pulled away and shown a yellow by the ref for shoving her. I wave him off before going to Tobin who is still on the ground. I hold out a hand to her helping her up, "You okay?" She nods, "Yeah just knocked my knee a little. I told you no killing". I shrug, "She's alive last I checked". She rolls her eyes before laughing, "Let's just finish the game".

We finish out the game with nothing much happening. Chapman didn't so much as move within 2 metres of Tobin resulting in her getting subbed off soon after it resulting into another goal for us. Once the whistle blew we shook hands, with me giving Chapman a tighter squeeze than necessary before she scrambles off the field.

I glare at her watching her get off the field which I feel arms slip around my waist, "I think you scared her". I shrug, "She'll live". She chuckles as she nuzzles herself into my side, "Thank you for standing up for me". I duck my head kissing the top of her head, "Anything for you". Tobin smiles as she takes my hand leading me to the dressing room, "Cmon I want to go back to the hotel and cuddle". I smile letting her drag me towards the tunnel, "I'd like that". I hear Kelley scoff behind us

"Softie"

"Watch it O'Hara before I kick your ass back to the hotel".