Listen to the Sound of my Voice - Alessia Russo x reader

*Trigger Warning - Read at your own discretion*

You couldn't do this anymore.

The entire day you have been feeling this way. And while it wasn't a new feeling to you, today it just felt exceptionally worse. You couldn't even describe it really.

It was just like this feeling of dread just completely enveloped you. A feeling of complete uselessness that you hated but couldn't shake. All while a massive weight was pressed on your chest. So much so that you feel your heartbeat is going to jump from your chest.

It was the feeling of being a complete burden to those around you. A feeling of being a complete waste. Feeling like you were nobody.

But that wasn't even the worst part.

The worst part was you knew you shouldn't feel like this. That you had a perfectly good life. You had a good family. Two loving parents and 4 annoying brothers you would do anything for. You had great friends. You were known in your community. You were seen as a good happy kid.

You volunteered and helped out at your old primary school that your mother taught at whenever they needed help. You coached your old football team and loved to coach the younger kids.

You were involved in sports teams. You became known as a solid wall inside of the goals. You were going to college.

You had the perfect life compared to most people.

So why did you feel so miserable?

Realistically, you know that you've probably been feeling this way for years. But you had just never dealt with it. You constantly pushed it down until it eventually got worse and worse.

This eventually evolved into panic attacks in your final year of school. Which was disguised underneath the guise of stress of exams.

So once exams were finished and you had slipped back on your happy mask for everyone it was soon forgotten about again. You continued on with life clinging onto that happy facade you had built up over the years.

And most of the time you dealt with it. Well in your own way. It mostly involved you taking time by yourself usually in your room. Most likely sleeping as well. In these kinda moods you often felt drained. Which often lead to you trying to sleep off this feeling.

Probably not the most healthy method but it's how you managed.

You managed on your own and quietly. Cause what else were you supposed to do? You were the middle child. Your parents were busy and you didn't want to bother them with your problems. Your brothers had their own stuff to worry about.

While you had friends, you never felt like you had a "best friend". You always felt like the left out friend to be honest.

But there seemed to be one person who noticed.

Alessia Russo.

The two of you had originally met through youth soccer. You being a goalie and her a striker meant you ran into each other a lot.

She was an absolute menace to you as a striker.

And Alessia couldn't help but be distracted by the pretty girl in goals.

But it wasn't until years later that you actually became friends. Alessia had made an appearance at your club you coached at to help inspire the kids.

Honestly you were shocked that she remembered you. But that day you worked well together. Despite not following your passion, you still knew you stuff and that's what made you a great coach.