Ghost of You - Emily Sonnett

Thought I would try a song lyric imagine. Hope you enjoy!

Emily's Pov
Here I am waking up
Still can't sleep on your side
There's your coffee cup
The lipstick stain fades with time
If I can dream long enough
You'd tell me I'd be just fine
I'll be just fine

I open my eyes and stretch out on the bed. My hand instantly reaches out for the right side of the bed but all I find is the sheet. I sigh as I remember your no longer there to hog all the blankets on the right side or to cuddle into when I wake up. It’s been two months since that has happened. I still can't go near your side of the bed.

I trudge into the kitchen and put on some coffee. When it’s finally done I go to grab a mug but stop when I find your cup. The one you always used. I can still remember when you would wake up and brew some coffee and every time without fail you would always use this cup. No one else was allowed near it. Then how I would tease you when you left lipstick on the side of it to which you would just roll your eyes and kiss my cheek. And then smirk when you see there is now a matching lipstick mark in my cheek.

So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chase it down
With a shot of truth
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

I look around the house we once shared. The house we both picked out together once you got traded to Portland so we could be together. All the memories of us together sting as I remember how you aren’t here to make anymore with me. I move from room to room, seeing all the different memories in each room. No more movie nights in the living room. No more hallway soccer matches. No more making stupid dances throughout the house.

I smile at the memory of the two of us dancing in the kitchen while making dinner. I can still see you excitedly showing me a new dance you thought of on the way home from the supermarket. I can still hear your booming laugh as I trip over my feet or do a move wrong. All it is a memory now.

Cleaning up today
Found that old Zepplin shirt
You wore when you ran away
And no one could feel your hurt
We're too young, too dumb
To know things like love
But I know better now

I move to ou-my bedroom to get changed. I rummage through my closet but a familiar piece of clothing catches my eye. Your old shirt which I use to steal. I remember you wearing it when you came to me telling me how you got kicked out of your house. No longer allowed home all because your parents didn't agree about who you loved. Because you liked girls.

I remember holding you the rest of the night as you cried into my shoulder. And then letting you stay with me. I was too young and dumb to realise how much I loved you back then. It wasn't until years later in college when I realised how hopelessly in love I was with you. I scoff, looking back on it I don't know how I could have been that blind not to see it.

So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chase it down
With a shot of truth
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you

I try to forget all the memories of the two of us together. But I can't. I remember how perfect everything was. How perfect you made my life. Turning every bad day into a great one just by telling corny jokes or telling me an idea you had for a prank on Lindsey or Tobin.

Until it wasn't

I remember how happy you were when you told me you got an offer from Arsenal. Your dream team. The team you've always wanted to play for since you were a kid. And then how angry I got when you told me you were going to take it. How enraged I was when she willingly wanted to travel miles away from me.

Too young, too dumb
To know things like love
Too young, too dumb

I remember seeing how destroyed she looked when I told her to stay. And then her questioning why I couldn't just support her. All the fighting and shouting until eventually it ended with her leaving and slamming the door.

I remember how it was too late before I realised my mistake. And by the time I tried to get her back she was already on a plane to England. I had lost her.

So I drown it out like I always do
Dancing through our house
With the ghost of you
And I chase it down
With a shot of truth
That my feet don't dance
Like they did with you

The amount of times I've been told that "cmon we need the old happy sonn back". But how can I be happy when she's not in my life. I lost the best thing in my life and it was all my fault. I don't goof around at training anymore. Pranks aren't as entertaining if you aren't helping me with them. Soccer isn't fun anymore.

Even dancing isn't fun anymore. The team try to get me to make more crazy dances but its pointless without you there dancing beside me. Because my feet don't dance like they did with you.

Song: Ghost of You
Band: 5 seconds of summer (5sos)
Hey guys!! So I thought I would try out a song lyric one. So tell me what you think about or maybe send in some songs that I could do and if I've heard of them I can try write them. Also should I made a part 2 of this imagine. Anyway I hoped you enjoyed. Until next time, bye!!