Cute Accent Pt.9

"Are you sure your okay?"

"T we've already been over this. I have been cleared. If anything I should be asking you that Ms bootleg".

After months of recovery and a few PT sessions Lillie was up and about getting back into the grove of things. But of course that didn't mean she didn't have both Tierna and Alycia hovering over her the entire time. 

Tierna just gives her girlfriend a blank stare while Lillie returns it. Lillie bops her nose, "T we've been over this. I've been cleared by two different doctors and have done all my sessions. And last time I checked your the one wearing the boot".

Tierna huffs trying to fight off a blush looking at the boot on her ankle in distain. Lillie smiles lightly before kneeling in front of the soccer player, "T I promise I am fine".

"Lillie you were hit by a car" Tierna says almost as she was trying to remind her of what happened.

Lillie nods. "I know. I was there funnily enough". Tierna pinches Lillie in the arm not understanding how she could be so nonchalant about this. But instead Lillie just takes her hand and presses a kiss to her knuckles. "Look I know your still worried about what happened. Just like how I know Aly is too". She squeezed her hand, "But I'm here T. I'm alive and okay".

Tierna sniffles as she squeezes Lillie's hand. "You didn't....I saw you Lil. I saw you lying there in that hospital. When I first saw you, you had a breathing tube shoved down your throat cause you couldn't breathe by yourself. And seeing you covered in all those cuts and bruises that couldn't be wiped off like you usually do. Do you know how scary that is?"

Lillie frowns as she sees a few tears start to slip down Tierna's face, "Oh T...". She continues to wipe her face clear of tears while Tierna leans into her hands.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that Tierna. You shouldn't of had to seen that" Lillie said consolingly. She rubbed her thumb over her cheek which is still slightly damp from her tears. "But I'm okay T. I'm still here".

Tierna just shakes her, "They didn't know if you would wake up".

Lillie cups her face forcing Tierna to look at her, "But I did. And that's what you have to focus on".  Lillie licks her lips before taking Tierna's hand and moving it over her beating. "Do you feel that? Do you feel my heart beating T?"

Tierna gives her a stern look, "I swear to god Lils if you make some corny joke about how your heart only beats for me I will hit you so hard..."

Lillie giggles but shakes her head. "I wasn't but that would have been good...". Tierna raises her hand and Lillie hurries to continue. "Okay! Okay! Geez woman". Tierna can't help the small smile spreading across her face. Which only makes Lillie smile as well. "What I was saying is" Lillie starts before nudging her head gently against her girlfriend's, "my heart is still beating. It is still going strong and that's all you need to focus on. Okay?"

Tierna takes a few breaths before nodding and leaning her forehead against Lillie's. "Okay".

Lillie smiles and kisses Tierna's forehead, then her nose, then her chin and finally her lips and pat's her leg. "Good. Now c'mon we have to get you to your PT and I need to get to work".

Tierna nods her head slightly and eyes Lillie's hand waiting for her to take. "Can we get ice cream after?"

Lillie nods, "Absolutely".

Tierna smiles and takes her hand letting her pull her up, "Let's go!"

×××

"So first of all, I just want to say how good it is to see you so happy and healthy again Lillie".

I force a smile already knowing how this is going to go. I can feel a hand slip into mine underneath the table. I glance over at my sister who is doing well not to react and instead just has a neutral look splashed on her face. I give her a small smile before squeezing her hand earning a brief smile in return.