FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

This is a Frequently Asked Questions chapter and I'll be answering the questions that some of you guys posted about the plot and the ending of the story. If you have understood the story, then you can skip the chapter.

Major Spoilers ahead.
If you haven't read the story yet, I would ask you to exit this chapter before spoiling your reading experience.

Q1. Does Castle love Millie?
A: Yes. He loves her. That's not something that he was pretending to do.

Q2. Did Castle even loose his memory in the first place? Was he pretending to loose his memory?
A. The memory loss was NEVER fake. He lost his memories because of what happened at the boating accident (refer to the bonus chapter). Devin had witnessed Castle killing Chris and Aster (Devin's biological mother). The memory loss was not in the plan.

Q3.Will Castle harm/Kill Chandler in future?
A. No, he wouldn't. Chandler was completely manipulated and spoiled by Castle and Theo even before the accident. Castle is a strict older brother, but he wouldn't harm Chandler.

Q4. So Castle is the bad guy?
A. It depends on your perspective. Was Castle a good guy? Not really. Was Devin a good guy? Nope. They had reasons for what they did. It was a planned murder for vengeance. It was kill or be killed. Castle knew he deserved everything, his plot for revenge started out of what he thought was injustice for his mother. He wouldn't have killed Devin or Dayana if they hadn't planned to kill him first. I hope this clarifies to everyone commenting "so Devin was a good guy. And Castle was bad. Stop! 🤣 They were all fucked up.

Q5. Does Chandler know that he is the actual Montgomery heir?
A. He's not stupid. He knows who his parents were but also he was quite young to understand what had exactly happened. When Castle had the authority, he got a good allowance, and he received the attention he wanted. With Castle losing his memories and Devin in charge, he got a low allowance and was mostly just ignored. That's to say, kids will always pick those who give them attention and treat them better, and that's what he got from Castle. Chandler also knew they didn't share a mother but it didn't matter when it came to choosing sides because he grew up looking up to his older sibling.

Q6. Why was Castle's mother tortured?
A. She was not tortured, but she was locked in the cellar for years and neglected. Chris brought in some scrapes of food, and it was kept a secret because he didn't want to go against "Aster", Chris and Aster both continued to lie to Castle and Theo that their mother left them (same as what was written in the journal).

Q7. In chapter 9 when Chris was speaking to Grandpa Hugh, the old man referred to him as Chris, and Castle promised that Lorna would never step foot in the house. How did Castle remember at this time? Were his memories coming and going, was it all an act?
A. That's good question, and yes, Castle used to go back to the "old Castle" at times, and then his memory used to lapse. I clued on this in chap 20 as well where after having sex with Millie, he calls her 'Millicent' and also in chap 31 where he losses his shit and remembers the revenge he's after. It was just to show that Castle has lived half his life wanting revenge and to steal the Montgomery name, and to prove something so his old personality keeps fighting to come back.

Q8. If Devin wanted Millie for himself, why did he get her married to Castle?
A. Millie was a pawn to Devin. Devin had hired her so he could frame her as a greedy gold-digger who tries to kill her husband Castle. That was the reason that Millie was married off to Castle, he kept telling the maids to lie about Castle that he didn't treat the maids well, but since none of that worked, and he saw how Millie had googoo eyes for Castle, he was extremely jealous, and started torturing her. Devin was still pretty screwed up like his family. Castle loved Millie, for everything that she did for him, and if we are being honest, she played a very big role to help him reach his ultimate goal, and she did it without knowing what was behind the scenes.