Chapter Sixteen

This lovely Castle Aesthetic done by @animalsjam1

***

We walked out of the ballroom together; Castle's hand was clasped in mine, our fingers entwined. We passed the hallway that led to the ballroom and before we could enter a room, Castle rounded the corner suddenly and pulled me against him.

I gasped as his hands, which were splayed on my waist in a possessive grip, tightened his hold over my body. His touch ignited an inexplicable fire inside me.

"What are you doing, Castle?" I whispered.

He didn't listen to me; his lips attacked my cheek and trailed a path down my jaw and then neck, his teeth grazing softly. The slight bristles over his cheek brushed my skin, making my knees grow weaker. I had to hold on to his shoulders for a better grip, and it was a good thing the high heels were giving me a good advantage here.

He smelled of some expensive scotch or brandy or some other drink, the scent of it mixed with his signature cologne that reminded me of some spice and wood.

He was drunk.

"Castle..." I said, trying to untangle his body from mine for fear of getting caught. "Someone can come here."

He wouldn't listen to me. Instead, his fingers dug into my hair as he tilted my face to claim my mouth in a hot searing kiss.

He kissed me like he was dining on one of the finest delicacies he'd ever have.

And I loved it.

To be showered by so much attention, even if Castle was using me for his pleasures, I couldn't say that I hated it. It was wrong on so many levels to fall for a man that belonged to the family that was keeping me captive and it had more to do with the previous lack of genuine attention that I'd received.

He and I were almost similar. He was bound by his twisted family, forced to do what they asked, and I wasn't any different.

I was hungry for this connection. To be wanted with such passion...

His lips continued the assault, his mouth sucking my tongue. I kissed him back, putting my arms around him. My fingers went into his hair.

I pulled away. "we shouldn't be doing this. Your brother will kill me if he finds out." I said silently.

I wondered if Castle had faked about not feeling well when I was talking to Jett so he could get me away from there.

Somehow, the thought of Castle being jealous over me was enticing.

I closed my eyes and relished the way he groaned into my mouth, pressing his thick arousal against my stomach. I felt the desire inside my core. No one ever had this effect on me. His hands strayed from my hips to the slit at the side of the dress and his palm covered between my thighs. I was breathing hard, but I still managed to say. "No, Castle, not here."

It was obvious that soon he'd want more. He'd want to go forward and if he pushed, I didn't think I had it inside me to deny him what he sought. Suddenly, his moments stopped. He stilled, and I wondered what had frozen him.

In my peripheral vision, I saw why Castle remained immobilized.

Chandler stood a few feet away from us, staring silently. His expressions were unreadable.

He couldn't be trusted!

It wasn't a secret that Chandler, as much as he looked cute as hell he was also a little runt, unlike Theo who appeared to be cold from the outside but cared about people and liked to maintain a distance because he didn't like what his family was doing to innocent people.