The Note

Heeeeeello my beautiful readers~! So this took a while because it's now the middle of my last school year (lord help me I'm not ready to adult yet) so that means midterm exams and other class work. I'll try to pump these out and hopefully within a timely manner. (Let's face it, I have no schedule for this) I also want to apologize for any inaccuracies within this chapter. I did a little bit of research but couldn't find a whole lot. Anywhosers, let's get to what you're hear for.

Namjoon's pov.

Police showed up maybe half an hour later and got all of us into a somewhat sound proof room to avoid anyone outside of trusted staff and the police to be heard.

"Can you read the note aloud for us?" The female police officer ask as she started recording the conversation. I unfolded the note and cleared my throat.

'Y/n is safe for now. She is badly hurt, but safe and gets treatment after every beating she takes. But you must hurry, she may not live for long now that I gave you this. She's in the abandoned cement factory on the west side of town. Hurry, she may not be there for much longer.'

Another police officer immediately looked up abandoned factories in the west side of LA. "I got it." He said. "There's no cameras around there nor a lot of police patrols in the area. It's a perfect spot to hide someone." They said. "Okay so now what? We know where she is. We need to go and get her. Like the note said, she's badly injured and her clock is ticking faster since we have this information." I said, getting a little worked up. Jin put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it a bit to help calm me down. It somewhat worked, but I was still very much on edge.

"We can't go barging in blind. Who knows how many people helped with the kidnapping. It could just be the two in the video, but it could be another 6 behind the scene. We have to come up with a plan." The male officer said. "And how long will that take?! She could be dead by the time we come up with this plan!" Yoongi snapped. "Yoongi hyung is right. It's even more risky to wait too long. We have to act today if we want to guarantee her survival." Hoseok said. The police officers shared a glance to each other, having a silent conversation between themselves before turning back to us.

"Aright, we have somewhat of a plan. We go there tonight." The female officer said.

Y/n's pov.

Another day and another possibly broken rib. Na-young makes sure she breaks something every time she beats me, be it physical or mental depends on how good of a day she has. Today was not one of those days.

"Jesus, I don't think I have enough gauze or medical tape to have that heal properly. I'm going to have to run to the store and grab more." Mathew said. "What if she tries to do something while you're gone? What if she tries to-." I couldn't get the last couple words out of my mouth, but it hung over us in silence. Kill me.

"Y/n, I promise you she isn't going to do anything like that anytime soon. She wants to drag this out as long as she can. In her words, "until she's begging for death". Everything will be fine. I'll only be an hour or two. I promise I'll be back soon." Mathew said as he hugged me. I know his words were meant to comfort me, but it seemed to do the opposite.

Mathew dressed my wounds with what he had, gave me one last hug and left me in the care of the black haired beanstalk Beomji. He hasn't really tried talking to me at all, which I didn't totally mind, but I felt like if I plead his help he may help Mathew and me to escape and get to police. Sure they will get some time for helping with the kidnapping, but my words will influence their sentences to maybe a year or two since they helped me.

Beom sat in front of me with the little bit of food they gave me every so often to keep me alive. Na-young refuses to untie me for anything so I had to be fed by one of them. It was usually Mathew, but since he was gone it fell onto Beom. He silently fed me the cold macaroni and cheese with a bit of water after so many bites. When the food is all gone, he scoots his chair away from me and sets the plate on the floor. He doesn't say anything, but just stares at me. We sat there just staring at each other. Finally, I decided to break the silence to ask something that has been screaming at me in the back of my mind.

"Wh-why do you f-fol-follow her?" I asked quietly, not sure if she was on the other side of the door or could hear us. His eyes widened slightly, but returned to normal quickly. "I do what I do and there is nothing more to it." He said. "I can t-tell you don't like h-her. You do-don't want to b-be here." I replied a little louder. This time, Beom took a glance at the door before looking back at me. "There are things in this world that someone like you can't even begin to understand." He whispered. "Try me. I'm to-told I'm pretty smart for my a-age." I whispered back. Beom leaned back in his chair and gave me a skeptical look. He sat there staring at me for about a minute before he spoke again.

"Alright kid, I'll humor you." He said. I sat a little straighter, wincing a bit from my wounds from the previous beating, looking him in the eyes. "I used to be a part of the Korean army. Yes it's mandatory for us to join but we can chose to stay. I'm one of those guys who wanted a career in military and stayed in it for a good 5 years. I rode through the ranks fairly quickly. I was a 2nd class officer by the end of my 5th year." Beom said with great pride, but soon deflated. "That is until my accident." He said looking down at the floor. "What accident?" I asked. Looking at the tall male in front of me I couldn't see anything wrong with him. "It's not something on me kid, it's what happened to my platoon. All the other soldiers I was grouped with." He said looking anywhere else in the room but me. I could see the way he was starting to get a little chocked up. Whatever happened, he either held a lot of sadness of the event or guilt.

"We were tasked with watching a weapon containment warehouse. I was the head and was there for inside the warehouse with a few of my other men. I got a text from my girlfriend at the time who was in a town not too far from the containment warehouse." Beom stopped once again and stared down at his shoes. "I.....I made up a lie that our commander wanted to speak with me and left them.....Brand new soldiers, barely 3 months into their training, to watch a warehouse full of dangerous weaponry just to get some from her........" I could hear the hurt in his voice. "Someone had hit an emergency button while messing around......it set off a timer to a bomb in the warehouse that no one could turn off and locked all of the doors and the windows. I was coming back and was maybe 5 miles away when the bomb went off.....killing off everyone in the warehouse and setting fire to others near it." Beom said his voice going dead. No tone and no emotion. "The military kept what I did a secret; told the media that the bomb had malfunction while I was away responding to a call from my commander. They even gave me a large sum of money to keep my mouth shut. Took away my rank and expelled me from the military." He said, finally sitting up and looking at me again.

"Somehow, that blonde obsessed bitch found out the truth of what happened that night. She threatened me to do this or else she'll go to the Korean media and expose me. I'll not only lose the respect of my friends and family, but I will lose the home I have always known.......I don't know any other language and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. South Korea is my nation, my home, and she is threatening to take that away from me.......Believe me if I had my way, you would not have even been hurt at that airport let alone taken like this." Beom said standing up and started walking towards the door.

"W-wait!" I called out. He stopped just in front of the door. He turned to look at me over his shoulder and gave me a sad smile. "I've already said too much. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time you'll see me. You'll get out of this kid. I know that much. I wish you the best of luck Y/n." He said and left the room. The familiar click of the lock on the door was the only thing that was heard after that.

Aaaaaaand another chapter down! I honestly don't know if I will ever have a set schedule for this to be updated. I can never really stick with it. But I guess that's what I get for writing as I go. Not a very good way to write. I do NOT recommend. Anywhottles, I'll see you guys in the next chapter (whenever that will be) Bye bye~!

~NekoWriter~