thirty four | when bad turns worse

TW - blood and some gore

°°°

Dustin had been kidnapped by Russians, Hopper was still MIA, there was a new girl named Robin, and El had a huge gash on her shin that was becoming worse by the minute.

Clara tightened her arms around the curly haired boy in front of her. Apparently, he'd been through hell and back just as they had, and as Hoppers cabin had.

"I missed you," Clara grinned, pulling away from him.

"Yeah, yeah. I missed you too C."

She rolled her eyes, stepping back so she stood beside Max, who had a small smile on her lips.

"El! El!"

Clara whipped around, squinting to see her brother knelt down beside the girl, who was writhing on the mall floor in pain.

Jonathan was the first to fall beside her after Mike, setting a careful hand on her arm. "What happened?"

"My leg!" El shouted in pain, reaching a hand down to her pants and helping pull them up and over the wound.

Clara gasped, turning her gaze away when she saw it, and something inside of it, moving around.

"Oh what the fuck!" Lucas seethed from beside her, grimacing in disgust.

"Keep her talking, keep her awake!" Jonathan ordered, before quickly shooting up and running towards a
food stall thirty yards away.

"Here, get her on this side!" Mike spoke, Max helping him with lifting El's upper body so he could slide underneath, holding the girl up.

"You- you know this isn't that bad! The goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, got a cleat to the leg and sliced it open. Her bone was sticking out six whole inches!" Robin attempted to make the situation better. Clara turned around and dry heaved.

"Will, Dustin, someone get her out of here," Mike gestured to Clara, whose face had gone completely pale.

Even when Dustin attempted to help her up, Clara stood still and reached over to grip Elevens hand tightly in her own.

Jonathan had come back, a glimmering knife in his gloved hands and a wooden spoon in the other.

"El, this is gonna hurt like hell. I'm going to need you to bite down on this," he assured, handing the spoon to Mike who placed it in her mouth.