twenty one | bob newby, superhero

°

°

She could still hear it.

"We're too late," it dawned on her, the girl grabbing her brother around the forearm and dragging him along with her towards the hospital room.

"You have to sedate him!" Mike shouted, the creeping sound of gunshots startling each of them.

"W-What-" Joyce stuttered in confusion.

"If Will knows where we are, so does the shadow monster. If he knows, we're all going to die. This isn't your son, Joyce!" Clara rushed, her voice firm as she handed the shot to Joyce with shaky hands.

Joyce gulped, turning to her son. "Do you know who I am?"

Will looked at her, hesitating for a long moment before stammering out, "you're, y-you're mom."

The Byers woman turned to Bob, "hold him down."

Will began violently thrashing, his voice just another scream amongst the chaos in the lab.

"He's lying! He's lying, he's lying, he's lying!"

Joyce jabbed the sedation into his arm, pushing the liquid so it ejected into his vain.

Quickly, the door went slamming open, a disoriented Hopper and Doctor Sam stepping in. "We've gotta go!"

Hopper picked Will up, throwing him over his shoulder before taking small, quick steps out of the room and down the hall.

On one end, the demogorgons were beating the door down to the ground, and the other two soldiers were firing gunshots at, assumedly, even more demogorgons.

The doctor led them into a room, allowing each of the five to enter before closing it and locking it after them.

It was the security room, she realized. Ten small screens were hung above a messily organized desk, each displaying either a dead body or a demogorgon.

Only then, did Clara realize the
uptick in her heartbeat, the way her breathing had picked up and her
throat constricted against her will.

No, no. Not now.

It had been so long.

Apparently too long.

The brunette's hands began shaking uncontrollably, her eyes widening as she brought a wobbly hand to her throat.