thirty one | hospitals suck

°°°

°°°

Eight people walked through the automatic door of the hospital. Eight people tried to walk past the lady talking animatedly on the phone at
the front desk.

Well, they were bound to get caught anyway.

"Uh uh uh, where do you think you're goin'?" the woman asked, setting the phone down and staring pointedly towards them.

Nancy tried to play it off. "Oh, I was just going to see my grandmother again.. this is my family."

All eyes turned to Lucas, the desk lady specifically as she eyes him.

Lucas smiled sarcastically. "Extended, family."

Clara hid her laughter under her hand, turning to face the boring white of the walls. At least on this first level, it wasn't so antiseptic and steril smelling. It was more shitty cafeteria food and strong perfume.

"You know the rules," the lady shrugged. "Two at a time."

Nancy attempted to argue, "yeah, but-"

"Two!"

The eldest Wheeler sighed, turning to the group. "Jonathan and I will go."

"Mkay," Clara hummed, "try not to kill each other while your at it."

Muffled laughter erupted from the party. Nancy only rolled her eyes, grabbing her boyfriend's wrist and tugging him towards the elevator.

"And now," Clara began while flopping down in a small bench, "we wait."

Will sat beside her on the bench, turning so he stared at her side profile. He admired how pretty she was, even in moments like this when her head was turned towards the ceiling and her eyes were squeezed shut.

"Take a picture," she muttered, just loud enough for him to here.

"Cheesy," he grinned slightly, watching as she shook her head in amusement.

"Hey."

The couple turned to Mike, who was sitting beside El silently. Her twin quickly gestured for them to move somewhere else, and as much as she would've loved to tell him to fuck off, Will grabbed her hand and pulled her away, into a little hall that was slightly secluded.

"You think they'll get back together?" Clara asked quietly, leaning into his side. Her back rested against the cement wall, Will's as well with her side glued to his.