twenty three | the return

°

°

The connection and pure adoration between her twin brother and Eleven was... undeniable.

"I called you every night for-"

"Three hundred and fifty three days.
I heard"

Clara bit her lip, tears washing down her cheeks steadily. El was her best friend. And, she was back.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike questioned, genuinely hurt.

"Because I wouldn't let her."

The new, aggravated voice caused Clara to tense up. It was Hopper.

"Hey, what the hell is this? Where have you been?" the chief asked, before wrapping an arm around the girl and tugging her into him.

Clara, unlike Mike, was very confused.

"You've been hiding her," Mike realized, staring up at the officer before shoving a hand harshly into his shoulder.

"Hey!" Hopper glared, "let's talk.
Alone."

Clara was still agape, void of the feeling of Dustins hand on her shoulder.

"Eleven," she breathed, Mike and Hopper having left the room.

The girl whose hair had grown considerably, along with her height, let out a small laugh before reaching over and tightly embracing the Wheeler.

"Oh my god- El," Clara felt tears leak, dampening the dark shirt she wore.
"I thought you were gone forever. I th-thought-"

"I'm here to stay, Clarie. I- I'm going to fix it," El stuttered, her speaking a lot better than it had been a year ago.

She allowed Lucas and Dustin to each hug the girl as well, opting to stick next to Max.

"That's El?" Max asked quietly, watching as the two boys hugged her.

Clara nodded with a smile, "she's saved our asses- more times than I can count."

So, when the boys backed off of Eleven, Max walked forward, reaching out a hand politely.

"Hey, um. Eleven? I'm Max," the red head greeted.

El stared hard at the girl, before shaking her head and pushing through her to embrace Joyce.

"Dont worry about it too much, Max. El isn't the greatest with new people," Clara whispered, the girl nodding with her lips blown out.