twenty seven | the good days

°

°

When Max called her early this morning asking if she wanted to hang out, Clara wasn't necessarily surprised, but she certainly didn't expect it.

They'd laid around aimlessly in her room, and then they ate half their weight in chips, and now they were outside, Clara sitting on the curb and Max riding her skateboard.

"Clara, you needed to just grow a pair and ask him," Max groaned, leaning her body so she would come to a stop before the brunette.

"I know," Clara sighed, "but, I'm so happy. And if he doesn't want that- I don't want to jeopardize that."

"C, since I've known you you haven't once put your needs before anyone elses. It's your time, I mean look at your brother and El," Max argued, pursing her lips before hopping back on to the board.

"I'll think about it."

The silence, apart from the light breeze and the wheels of Max's skateboard against concrete, lulled Clara to a relaxed state as she stared at the
clouds.

"Shit!"

Clara slowly looked over to Max, who was staring about twenty feet down
the street.

"El," Clara said, or more questioned, as she stood up, walking to stand next to Max.

Grasping the skateboard in her hand, El walked up until she was only a few
feet away.

"Hi," El spoke slowly.

"Hi."

"Can we.. talk?" El asked, unsure.

While both Clara and Max exchanged looks of curiousity, they nonetheless let the girl into Max's room.

"He said he missed me, and then he just hung up."

Max was pacing her bedroom, Clara laying on the bed behind El, who sat timidly on the end of it.

"What does that mean?"

Clara sighed, knowing just what was coming.

"He's a piece of shit!"

" Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today! And his nana obviously isn't sick," Max snorted.

"That's true," Clara nodded, "nana is perfectly healthy."