twenty | it's a trap

°

°

Only one year ago, they were in a hospital setting.

Only one year ago, Clara Wheeler was filled with hope and excitement.

It was different now, it was quite the opposite actually.

"Can you tell me your name?"

"Will."

It was Will, but it wasn't. It was someone- different.

"Your full name?"

"William Byers."

His voice was so incredibly monotone. Like he was programmed. Obviously, it was a basic question but Clara had known Will most of her life, and this was not him.

The doctor nodded, pursing his lips. "How about me? Have we met before?"

Will furrowed his brows, shifting uncomfortably. "I- I don't remember."

"Okay. That's okay," the doctor nodded, scribbling something in his small notebook.

"How about these two?" he nodded at the twin Wheeler siblings.

Mike shot a tiny smile towards Will, Clara waving hesitantly beside him.

The hospital setting irked her, it made her anxiety she'd put to rest for so long bubble up.

"Those are my friends," he began slowly, "Mike. A-And..."

"It's alright. Take your time," the man in the white lab coat soothed.

"Clara. That's Clara."

The brunette felt a hand squeeze her shoulder. Joyce had given her a small smile and nod, with Clara returning it.

"How about me, kid. You remember me?" Hopper spoke up, eyes gleaming with a sense of hope.

Will, his eyes staring intensely at the chief, shook his head no slowly.

"They tell me you helped save me last night. Do you remember that?"

Another slow, confused shake of the head.

"Will, do you remember anything from last night?" the doctor asked, tapping his pen against the lines notebook paper.

"I remember... they hurt me."