four | time after time

°Mike was incredibly bad at explaining things to a girl- Eleven, who had little to no English it seemed

°
Mike was incredibly bad at explaining things to a girl- Eleven, who had little to no English it seemed.

"But, you can't tell my mom you know me or Clara, okay? It's no big deal, we'll just pretend to meet eachother again," Mike shrugged as if it were nothing.

"And my mom, she'll know who to
call."

An awkward pause, before Eleven fiddled with the eggo waffle in her hand and said one, simple word.

"No."

Clara couldn't help it, a bubble of laughter slipped past her pursed lips. Even when Mike slapped her arm, she couldn't help but giggle at the girls utter defiance.

"You don't want our mom to get help?" Clara stopped her laughter, furrowing her brows as she brought her her knees to her chest.

Eleven only shook her head slowly.

"You're in trouble, aren't you?" Mike asked softly, watching her lean back and bite into the waffle once more.

"Who are you in trouble with?" Clara questioned gently, crossing her legs.

"Bad."

Clara raised her chin, exhaling heavily, "bad people that want to hurt you?"

Eleven only made a gun with her fingers, pointing it at her head, then Mike's chest, and then Clara's.

"Understand?" came Elevens soft voice.

Clara gulped, glancing at her brother who held a similar expression.

"Michael, Clara where are you?"

"Shit," Clara cursed, standing up with her twin.

"We'll be right back, okay? Stay in here," Clara ordered, covering the small fort once more before following her brother up the stairs in a panic.

___

As it played out, Clara and Mike both ended up staying home.

Unbeknownst to their parents, the Wheeler boy was cooped up in his room with Eleven whilst Clara lounged about in the living space, record player blasting a Cyndi Lauper album.

Clara hummed with the music, the song one of her favorites, "time after time!"

It brought memories with it, though. A good memory that reminded her of something she'd rather forget.