thirty | ill-annoy

°

°

Hopper was MIA, the party had almost died. Again. And Clara felt like her head was going to explode at any moment.

El sat before them, TV set to static. The blindfold was covering her eyes, a patterned bandana. It had been Clara's, she wore it to a fourth of july party several years ago when she had a life outside monsters and superpowers.

"I found him," Eleven spoke, hands folded together tightly in her lap.

"Where is he?" Max asked softly, leaning into Clara's side. The two were exhausted.

"Woods."

"Woods?" Mike questioned oddly, leaning forward. He, Lucas, and Will sat on the couch behind Max and Clara, the latter with her head leaning against Will's knee.

"He's with.. Will's mom."

"My mom?" Will furrowed his brows, moving towards El, accidentally bumping Clara in the head with his leg. He quickly apologized, sitting down beside her against the couch.

"They're going to... ill-annoy," El stuttered out, trying to pronounce the word.

A loud rapping was heard on the door of the Wheelers basement, Karen's voice ringing out. "Mike, Clara, breakfast!"

"Not now mom!" Mike shouted in annoyance, earning a slap on the leg from her twin.

"Be nice, dipshit."

Clara then turned to Eleven. "Illinois? Like, the state of Illinois?"

El shrugged. "ill-annoy."

They all let out various sighs of irritation. Max and Clara each led El into the little bathroom in the basement, wetting a washcloth to
clean the blood that had dropped
from her nose.

Clara wipes at the skin above her lip, making sure it was clean before throwing the rag into the sink and turning the water on to let it rinse.

Eleven went to brush the pads of her fingers against the skin on her neck, an apparent bruise already forming in shades of purple and blue.

"Does it still hurt?" Max asked softly, presumedly feeling guilty for her step brothers actions.

El pushed her lips out in a breath, tweaking her shoulders slightly in a shrug. "Only when I talk."

"Good thing your not my brother then," Clara snorted in amusement, ringing out the wet washcloth. "Blah blah blah blah blah. He never quits."