Chapter 43

Third Person's POV

"Chaubey, is the work done?" Rajveer asks Lieutenant Roshan Chaubey after inviting him inside his quarter and locking the door behind him.

"Yes, Sir. It was lucky for us that Dr. Mishra had forgotten her mobile phone in her quarter after the morning mishap with her. I went there as soon as you messaged me and bugged her phone," Chaubey replies.

"Good work, Chaubey. Now it will be easier to keep an eye on her and her contacts," Rajveer tells Chaubey.

Earlier, when he had gone to the mess to have coffee with Ritu and Shalini, he had noticed that Ritu did not have her cell phone with her.

He had then wondered if she had forgotten her phone in her quarter because of her hurry to go to the infirmary due to her back pain.

Thinking that, he had immediately messaged Lt. Chaubey to search Ritu's phone in her room and, if found, to bug that phone.

"Listen to all the calls that Ritu makes, Chaubey. And inform me if you have even one percent doubt about her intentions.

"I have been observing her and she is starting to get slightly impatient because of her failure to move forward in her plan of getting the trigger. If in that impatience, she commits a mistake, it will be easier for us to catch her red-handed and hopefully nab her boss too," he says to Chaubey.

"Yes, Sir. I will personally hear all the conversations that she will make from this moment on. I am confident we will get some evidence against her soon," Chaubey tells Rajveer.

"I hope so too, Chaubey. Ritu Mishra has committed many crimes, and it is now her turn to pay for all those crimes."

------------------------

Ritu paces in her bedroom, thinking about what to do to move forward in her mission.

She has tried almost everything to lure Captain Rajveer toward her, but none of her charms are working on him.

"Why is Captain Rajveer so resistant toward me? And the way he asked me to stay professional with him today, I smelt something fishy then. There can be only two reasons why he did that. Either he knows my truth, or he loves someone else. Which one can it be?" She wonders aloud, thinking about it for a moment.

"No. Captain obviously does not know about me being a spy. If he had known, he would have definitely done something by now to arrest me. So, it must be that he loves someone else. But who?"

She suddenly recalls about how Cadet Naina Singh had interfered while she was asking Captain Rajveer out for a movie. That day, she had felt a bit weird listening to their conversation.

Then, a few days back too, when she was talking with Rajveer in the mess, Naina had interrupted them.

Both times cannot be just a coincidence.

'My my, what do we have here? Captain Rajveer and Cadet Naina? Well, I will have to do something about this soon. Otherwise, their relationship can jeopardize my mission,' Ritu thinks, smirking as she starts forming a plan to make Rajveer and Naina's relationship backfire on them if there indeed is something brewing between them.

------------------------

The next few days were busy for both cadets and faculty members because Republic Day was in few weeks, and all were busy preparing for the flag hoisting ceremony on that day.

Naina is sitting in the mess with her friends and having her dinner, but time and again, she scans the mess and keeps looking at the door to see if Rajveer has arrived.