Chapter 67

Rajveer

Opening my eyes, I look around, frowning as I find myself in my bedroom.

'How did I get here?' I wonder, about to sit up on the bed, but I immediately still when I feel something warm pressed against my body.

I did not need to look down to see what, or rather, who exactly was pressed against me.

"Naina." The name comes unbidden to my mouth.

My lips twist into a small smile when I look down to see Naina snuggled into my chest with her one hand and a leg flung over my body.

Careful not to break her sleep, I adjust myself so as to loosely hug her, slowly running my hand up and down her back.

As I continue doing that, I try to remember what happened while I was performing the appraisal's third task, which seems to be the last thing I can recall.

I shiver, remembering how nasty that green liquid was. It burned my mouth as well as my stomach as I gulped down one glass after the other.

After emptying the glasses on my first tray, I was given the second one.

If the liquid from the first tray burned my insides, the ones on the second tray were pure torture.

Still, I tried my best to keep downing the liquid, but after the drinking from the fifth glass of the second tray, I started feeling nauseated and my vision started to blur too.

Wanting to push myself some more, hoping to down one or two glasses more, I picked up the sixth glass from the tray with shaking hands.

I remember raising the glass to my lips, opening my mouth to drink it, and then.....

Then, it's blank. 

Completely blank.

Pressing on my forehead with my free hand, I close my eyes, trying to remember what happened after that.

Although not much, I get some flashes in my mind.

Naina on the bed with me.

Her crying and saying that she will always be by my side and never leave me.

I lightly hiss due to the throbbing of my head from the strain of remembering. Wanting to drink some water, I turn toward the bedside table to see if there is water to drink.

Seeing a bottle of water there, I slowly start moving up, but stop when Naina groans in her sleep, snuggling closer to me.

I wait for a few seconds for her to settle down before stretching my hand to get the bottle, and drink from it.

Feeling slightly better after taking a few gulps of water, I again slowly lie on the bed, trying my best not to make much movement and wake Naina.

The clock on the bedside table showed the time to be 0300 hours. 

If it had been any other day, I would have woken her up for her morning drill, but since all the drills and classes have been canceled until the end of the appraisals, I decided to let her sleep for some more time.

Bringing her closer to me, I also close my eyes, still feeling exhausted after what happened during the appraisal test yesterday.

------------------------

Naina

Feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep, I open my eyes and smile when I see Rajveer sleeping beside me.

With everything that has been happening between us lately, I have not been able to sleep properly since quite a few days.

But, last night, I slept so well, snuggled in the arms of my man whom I love so dearly.