Chapter 17

"Naina, you look amazing tonight," Huda complimented Naina, smiling at her.

"Thank you, Huda." Naina smiled back at him.

Encouraged by her smile, Huda felt more confident.

"How about a dance, Naina? Maybe you will be charmed by my dancing skills," he said to her, and she rolled her eyes.

"Well, Huda, you have your date, and I have mine. So, instead of dancing with each other, let us just dance with our dates," she replied, and he was a little disappointed.

"Huda, stop playing your ringtone in front of Naina now. She already has her connection set with Rajveer Sir. You do not have any chance in front of him," Pooja quipped, and Naina was surprised hearing her.

"What are you saying, Pooja? Who told you all this nonsense? Nothing is going on between me and Rajveer Sir." Naina fumed at Pooja.

"Why should Pooja stop saying that, Naina? You cannot shut her up because she is telling the truth. Major Bhargav has been hinting towards yours and Rajveer Sir's relationship from the beginning, and now we can see it too.

"The way you and Rajveer Sir talk with each other, it seems like there is something more than mentor protégé relationship going on between you two," Ali backed Pooja, and Naina was stunned hearing all that.

'Where is all this coming from? Why suddenly the fingers are pointing towards me and Rajveer Sir?' Naina's head was reeling with the questions when she heard Aalekh speak.

"Nothing is going on between them. And even if something is going on, what is wrong with it? It is their life, and they can do whatever they want to," Aalekh told Ali and Pooja.

"Aalekh, how can you say that? Captain Rajveer is our teacher, and he is also Naina's mentor. How can it be ok for a teacher and a student to fall in love with each other? This is against KMA's rule." Huda was incensed after hearing Aalekh.

'How can Naina be someone else's other than mine?' He thought.

"You guys have lost it. Instead of supporting your friend, you all are concentrating on that Bhargav's disgusting implications. I don't even want to see you guys right now, let alone sit with you and enjoy this party with you," Aalekh told Ali, Pooja, and Huda and turned to Naina.

"Let us go from here, Naina. No matter how much you try to explain it to them, they will not understand." Saying that, Aalekh grabbed Naina's hand and walked away from there.

Yudi was silently watching the scene unfold, but when Aalekh walked away with Naina, he too followed them.

------------------------

"Man, that was intense," Yudi said to Naina and Aalekh once they reached the bar.

Glaring at Yudi, Aalekh grabbed a drink and was about to take a sip when Rajveer and Shalini arrived there.

"Don't you think you should go light on the drinks, Cadet?" Shalini asked Aalekh, who, in turn, just rolled his eyes at her and gulped down the whole drink.

All of them shook their head, seeing Aalekh's antics.

"So, Cadets, why are you not dancing?" Rajveer asked them, sensing tension amongst them.

Earlier, he had seen the six of them argue. He was unable to hear what they were talking about, but knew it was some kind of argument from the way they were talking.

"Umm, it's just that we just arrived now, Sir. We will join others on the dance floor soon," Naina answered Rajveer.

Her mood has turned sour after hearing what Pooja, Ali, and Huda said, but she will not give them the satisfaction by leaving the party.