Chapter 5

Third Person's POV

Naina walked inside the mess after her morning drill, and saw Major Nair sitting alone at one of the tables, eating his breakfast.

'This is the perfect time to start my mission against this big-headed chauvinistic pompous man,' she thought and quickly walked to the table where he was seated.

Reaching there, she started speaking.

"I am sorry for arguing with you yesterday, Sir. I have realized I was wrong, and I hope you will forgive me," she said, trying to bring as much remorse in her face as she could manage.

Nair smiled victoriously at Naina. "It's good that you have understood, Cadet. Soon you will also agree there is no place for girls in the army. I can already see you being thrown out of this academy."

'We will see about that,' Naina thought on the inside, but on the outside, she nodded at Nair. "I hope you will guide me, Sir, so I can at least graduate from KMA."

"I will try, Cadet, but you see girls are so weak that they don't do well in the military academy. If only you girls were half as good as boys," Nair said wistfully and Naina fisted her hands to curb her annoyance.

"Umm, Sir, I think you have dropped something under the table," Naina said, pointing on the floor, and Nair started looking for what he dropped.

Seeing the chance, Naina quickly took out the powder from her pocket and put it in his juice.

"Cadet Singh, there is nothing here under the table," Nair shouted at her.

"Oh, I am sorry, Sir. I must have been mistaken. After all, I am a girl, and I am hungry too. So, I will go and eat something." Naina hastily walked away from there to get her breakfast, not knowing that Rajveer, who was seated two tables behind Nair, had observed the whole interaction.

'What are you up to, Cadet Singh?' Rajveer wondered.

If it were any other faculty member, he would have done something. But because it was Nair, he felt that the slimeball deserved whatever Naina has planned for him.

It will be fun to watch too.

Gosh, it has been a long time since he has had any fun in life.

------------------------

The whole KMA, including Rajveer and Naina, gathered in front of Major Nair's quarter when they heard him screaming.

"What do you think, Captain? Why is Major Nair screaming this way?" Shalini asked Rajveer, and he smiled at her.

Dr. Shalini Singhal was one of his colleagues in one of his previous missions, and he had formed a good friendship with her during that time.

She is a jolly person but has one bad habit. She loves gossips. There is nothing that can pass by without her knowing about it.

"Oh, I do not know, Doc. I hope it's nothing serious," Rajveer told her the half-truth.

He knows this is the result of that powder which Cadet Naina Singh had mixed in Nair's drink.

He hopes it is nothing too serious because if it is, he will have to report about it, and he does not want to do that.

He does not know why, but he feels protective towards that cadet. She looks strong and cheerful from the outside, but there is a certain sad aura around her that attracts him toward her.

Rajveer jolted out of her thoughts when he heard someone speak.

"I just hope it gets over quickly so that we can return to do our work," Lolita said Rajveer and Shalini when she reached where they were standing outside Nair's quarter.