Chapter 68

Third Person's POV

Naina enters Rajveer's quarter with a bowl of soup for him in her hand.

Walking to where he is seated on the couch, she hands him the bowl. "Subedar Suri made this for you."

"Thank you, Naina."

Rajveer takes the bowl from her, smiling at her, and Naina smiles back mildly at him.

She feels a bit nervous and unsure of how to talk with him. She is happy that Rajveer has decided to give their relationship another chance after everything that happened between them--especially because of her anger--and she does not want to do or say anything to offend him.

"What are you thinking about, Naina?" Rajveer asks.

Naina shakes her head. "Umm, nothing, Rajveer. How is the soup? Suri Sir told me he made his special recipe for you today." She tries to deflect his question.

"I know you are avoiding answering the question. And I won't allow you to do it. Not when you have been looking lost ever since you entered the quarter. Please, tell me, Naina. What is going on in your mind?"

Naina takes a deep breath, standing up from the couch and taking a few steps ahead. Wanting to blink back the tears before turnjng back to Rajveer.

Frowning, Rajveer too stands up from the couch. He walks to where Naina is standing and putting his hand over her shoulder, he turns her to face him.

"What happened, Naina?" He asks, alarmed seeing tears sliding down her cheeks.

"I am scared, Rajveer."

Rajveer does not understand what she is scared of, but he feels a pinch in his heart seeing her eyes shining with tears.

"What are you scared of, Naina? And why are you crying?" He gently wipes her tears.

Unable to control herself, Naina launches herself at Rajveer, hugging him tightly and sobbing in his arms.

"Shhh, Naina. Please stop crying. Please," Rajveer requests her, unable to hear her sobs.

He keeps stroking her hair affectionately, hoping it would calm her down.

But when instead of her sobs being quietened, Naina starts sobbing more loudly, Rajveer gets worried.

Breaking the hug, he leans back and tilts Naina's chin up, making her look at him.

"Tell me, Naina, please. Why are you crying?"

Looking at Rajveer's face marred with concern for her, more tears pour out of Naina's eyes.

"I do not want to lose you, Rajveer. I do not want to lose us, this relationship that I have come to cherish the most in my life."

"You won't ever lose me, Naina. I promise you." Rajveer feels his voice catch with the overwhelming emotions Naina's words have evoked in him.

"What if I said something offensive again or acted stupidly again? Would you again ask for some time and space from me?" She asks him, and he feels his heart clench.

"Is this why you have been talking so demurely since the morning, Naina? Are you afraid you might say or do something that would anger me?"

When Naina does not reply to him and keeps looking down at the floor, Rajveer realizes that was indeed the reason behind her quietness and demure attitude since morning.

"Look at me, Naina," he says, continuing only when she raises her head up to gaze into his eyes.

Seeing her face still teary, he gently wipes her tears, before cradling her face.