Chapter 50

Third Person's POV

The living room in Naina's house is decorated with lights and flowers, and a few guests are gathered there.

Rajveer, Naina, and her parents had decided to make it a small ceremony, and only a few close relatives were invited for the engagement.

"So, Rajveer, are you ready to take on my daughter's responsibility? Let me tell you, she is going to be a handful for you," Sudhir teases Rajveer, smiling at him.

"I will be honored to take Naina's responsibility, Uncle," Rajveer replies, his voice sincere.

"This is not done, Rajveer. Since you are officially going to be our family member from today, you will call me Papa, and you will call Ira Maa. No more calling us Uncle and Aunty," Sudhir says, and Rajveer is overcome with emotions hearing that.

He had been craving for a family his whole life, and he has finally gotten it now.

"Thank you, Papa," he says, his voice thick with emotions, and Sudhir pats on Rajveer's shoulder, understanding his feelings.

"But where is--" Rajveer is about to ask Sudhir a question, but he forgets it as soon as he sees Naina.

She is descending the stairs wearing a light pink lehenga and a shy look on her face.

Rajveer stares at his beautiful girl, still unable to believe that she will be his fiancé today and will soon be his wife too.

He smiles, remembering the moment they had first met.

They have come such a long way since then.

Before meeting Naina, his life had been empty without any hope of happiness, but she brought smiles and laughter back into his life.

Before meeting her, he had been only existing, with the only mission to prove his best friend's innocence, but he is now looking forward to a new beginning of life with her.

Yes, he still needs to prove Naveen's innocence, but now, only that is not the reason for him to survive.

Now he also wants to live his life with her. He wants to spend the rest of his life with his Naina.

Naina could feel his eyes on her, but she felt too shy to look up at him.

She does not know why, but she is feeling a mixture of excitement, shyness, and nervousness as she ambles toward Rajveer.

She had not thought she would feel this way. After all, she and Rajveer have been in a relationship for a few months now.

Still, since today morning, she has been feeling different.

And when she saw him look at her in that intense way of his while she was descending the stairs, she could not help the blush that crept up her cheeks.

But no matter how shy or how nervous she is feeling, she is certain of one thing.

She wants this.

She wants to get engaged to him, and in the near future, she wants to get married to him too.

She wants to be his and wants him to be hers. Only and only hers.

------------------------

Rajveer slides the engagement ring on Naina's finger, feeling such contentment and elation that he has not felt his whole life.

He had never thought he would be this happy in his life.

After losing his parents and Naveen, he had thought he would not have any family anymore, but seeing Naina smiling shyly at him and her parents looking at them with such affection on their faces, he realized that they are his family and Naina is his home from now on.