Chapter 51

Third Person's POV

Rajveer enters KMA with a smile on his face.

He still cannot believe he is now engaged to the love of his life, his Naina.

It has already been a day since their engagement, but he is still having a hard time believing that his relationship with Naina is now official.

They have given a formal name to their relationship with the blessings of her parents, who now also love him as a part of their family.

He even was able to tell Maa and Papa the truth about Naveen's death, and they understood him and forgave him. Not only that, but they also happily gave their blessings for his and Naina's relationship.

But his smile falters when he thinks about Naina.

He still has not told her the truth. He had wanted to, but Maa and Papa stopped him.

He could have insisted more and told her the truth, but somewhere, he was also scared that she would not understand him.

He knows how much Naveen meant to Naina, and he knows how much she loves her brother.

That is why he is unsure whether she would forgive him or not if he told her the truth.

He has no doubt about her also loving him with all her heart, but he is uncertain if her love for him would be able to survive the brunt of this truth.

That is why he had agreed to not telling the truth about Naveen's death to Naina when Maa and Papa requested him.

Although the guilt for hiding the truth with Naina is there in his heart, the happiness of loving her and getting loved in return weighs more than that guilt.

So, for now, he has decided not to tell Naina anything.

Both him and Naina have faced far more pain and have gone through so much suffering in their life that he thinks both of them deserve this happiness of being with each other and loving each other.

------------------------

Entering his quarter, Rajveer slumps on the couch in the living room.

He is feeling tired after the long journey, and he is missing Naina too.

He wanted to return with her tomorrow, but he got a call from Colonel Chandra last night, asking him to return to the academy because his substitute had to be called back to the headquarter for some urgent work.

He had hoped Naina would also return with him, and she too wanted that, but Maa and Papa wanted to spend one more day with their daughter since she still had a day of her leave left.

So, not wanting to sadden them, he and Naina decided that he would return today and she would return by tomorrow evening after spending some more time with her parents.

Rajveer is still thinking about Naina when his phone rings.

He smiles, seeing it is Naina calling him.

Receiving the call, he is about to speak, but before he can do so, he is immediately bombarded with many questions by her.

"Why did you not call even once? You could have at least messaged me, Rajveer. Tell me, now. Where are you? Are you still traveling, or have you already reached KMA? Hello, Rajveer? Are you there? Why are you not answering? Rajveer, I am getting worried here, and you are not even saying anything," Naina says, and he chuckles hearing her.

"Naina, if you keep talking, how will I give you the answers? Breathe first, and let me talk.

"I have already reached KMA. I entered my quarter just five minutes back, and I was about to call you, but you called me before I could," Rajveer tells her, feeling a warm sensation in his heart, hearing her concerned voice for him.