Chapter 33

Third Person's POV

Rajveer is setting the dining table when he hears his quarter's door being opened.

He smiles, knowing exactly who it is without even looking up.

It is fitting that Naina always comes to his quarter unannounced. After all, she has also entered inside his heart unannounced, and she will remain there forever now.

"I am here, Naina," he calls out to her from the dining area.

"Sir, you called--" Naina stops speaking when she sees the dining table laden with a variety of food.

Her mouth waters seeing those dishes, immediately wanting to gobble down the food, but she remembers she is still angry with Rajveer.

"Umm, the orderly told me that you called me," she says to him, realizing that he has called her to mollify her anger with all those foods.

But she decides not to give in.

She walks slightly closer to the table to see what he has cooked.

'What does he think? That he can appease me with a few dishes of food? So what if he has made spiced zucchini, butter chicken, and dry potato curry. Oh, there is gazar halwa too?' She gulps, longingly looking at all those flavorsome dishes.

Rajveer is amused, seeing Naina's state.

He knows she wants to eat the dishes but is hesitating because she is still angry with him.

She had mentioned to him once about butter chicken and spiced zucchini being two of her favorite dishes.

Thankfully, he already had zucchini in his refrigerator, and he took chicken from Shalini's kitchen to make butter chicken.

"I made all this for you, Naina. You must be fed up with the mess's food by now. So, I thought to give you a break from that food today," he tells Naina, smiling softly at her.

"It's fine. I am even starting to like the mess's food now. So, you can eat your food, and I will eat at the mess," Naina replies, controlling her urge to actually walk to that table and eat all those delicious dishes.

"Are you sure?" Rajveer looks at her questioningly. "If you really prefer mess food over this, then it is ok. I will not force you to eat here."

Saying that, he waits, controlling himself from chuckling as he sees Naina longingly looking at the dishes on the table.

Naina is in a fix.

She had thought Rajveer would try more to placate her and make her eat if she refused, but he just accepted her refusal and told her to have food at the mess instead.

'What will I do now? I really want to eat that butter chicken and spiced zucchini,' she thinks, her mouth again watering as she imagines how delectable those dishes will taste.

After all she had tasted French chicken curry made by Rajveer, and it was too delicious.

'No. I can't let this opportunity to eat the dishes made by him go to waste. I absolutely won't go leaving these dishes here to eat the almost uneatable food in the mess.' She decides.

"Umm, I guess I can at least taste these dishes if you went through all that trouble to make them for me," she says.

Rajveer smiles hearing her reply. He had known she would not be able to control herself after seeing her favorite dishes.

"Ok, Naina. Come let us eat then." He pulls out a chair for her, and Naina happily sits down, ready to eat everything that Rajveer has cooked for her.

------------------------