Chapter 57

Third Person's POV

Lying on her bed, Naina stares up at the ceiling. Her heart feeling too heavy, and her eyes red-rimmed due to the continuous crying.

She has been through so much in her life. She has suffered the pain of loss, the pain of humiliation, and the pain of injustice done to her brother and her family. So much so that she, at one point, had given up on happiness. She had even accepted that pain and the sadness would forever remain a part of her life.

Yes, she had the mission of proving Naveen's innocence. She had the mission of getting back her family's honor and reputation. Other than that, she had nothing else to look forward to.

But that outlook of hers had changed when she met Rajveer.

After meeting him, she changed bit by bit.

She started trusting again, she started smiling again, and she started being happy again.

She had fallen head over heels in love with Rajveer. Even trusted him blindly. She believed that, no matter what, he would never let her down.

Their closeness, their intimacies provided her the peace, the warmth, the happiness, everything.

With all that happening between them, she turned optimistic.

She begun to feel the happiness would again return in her life.

She genuinely believed that once they proved Naveen's innocence, they could finally be fully happy in their life with each other.

She had even started dreaming of their life together.

But he crushed all those dreams by betraying her.

He snatched all her happiness by lying to her.

He brutally smashed all her optimism by hiding the most significant truth of her life.

He pushed her back to that abyss of sadness and loneliness by breaking her trust.

She takes deep breaths to lessen the overwhelming pain that courses her whole being.

She is feeling as if one half of her heart has been ripped off from her chest, leaving her other half to bleed and hurt.

"Why did you do it, Rajveer? Why?" She closes her eyes to let the tears fall.

She loved him from all her heart. She still loves him.

How can she ever un-love him?

She knows she cannot. And she will not deny too.

She loves Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, but she also hates him.

'Is it possible to love and hate the same person simultaneously?' She wonders with tears pouring out of her eyes.

------------------------

The next day, Rajveer is going to the academy ground to conduct the cadets' drill when he sees Abhimanyu walking toward him.

"Did you find the address where you had mailed that package, Abhi?" He asks Abhimanyu after making sure there is no one around to overhear their conversation.

"I called my informers this morning, Raj. They told me they are still checking all the records of that post office.

"Since that package was mailed four years back, they told me they would need some more time to find its details. After all, they will have to go through many records registers of that post office," Abhimanyu replies.

"Ok, then, Abhi. I will see you later. I am going to the ground to conduct the drill."

Rajveer is about to leave from there when Abhimanyu stops him.