Chapter 55

Third Person's POV

With a heavy heart, Rajveer reaches the van that will be transferring the original trigger to the place.

As per their plan, they have decided to take two vans with two groups of cadets.

The van in which he will be going will have the original nuclear trigger. And the cadets assigned to him are Naina, Aalekh, Huda, Ali, Pooja, and Yudi.

The van in which Abhimanyu will be going will have fake nuclear trigger. The cadets assigned to Abhimanyu are the remaining first year cadets.

When Rajveer walks to the back of the van, he sees Naina standing there with her arms folded over her chest.

When she sees him there, he notices her look at him with such hatred in her eyes that it shakes him.

"Naina, I am sorr--" He starts to apologize to her, but she raises her hand, signaling him to stop.

"Save it, Captain Rajveer," she says. "Save your apologies because they are not going to make any difference to me. No matter how many sorry you say to me, the truth will remain that you betrayed me.

"You took advantage of my trust in you. I trusted you more than anyone else in the world, and you broke that trust into million pieces," She tells him, her eyes glittering with anger she felt for the man in front of her.

Rajveer is about to say something to Naina, but he stops when he sees Lt. Chaubey walking toward them.

"Chaubey, what are you doing here?" He asks.

They had decided Chaubey would be driving the van with the fake trigger, so Ritu would think that van had the original trigger because of additional security kept in it.

"Sir, there has been a last-minute change in the plan. Colonel Chandra wanted to tell you, but with the recent new developments, we needed to act fast," Chaubey replies, and Rajveer is confused hearing that.

"What new developments, Chaubey?" Rajveer inquires and frowns when thr lieutenant does not answer him.

He realizes the reason behind it when he notices Chaubey staring at Naina.

"It is ok, Lt. Chaubey. You can tell me about it in front of Cadet Naina. I trust her," he says.

Nodding at Rajveer, Chaubey starts speaking. "According to our plan, we had decided to take two vans with us, one with original trigger and the other one with fake trigger.

"Our sources have discovered that Ritu Mishra will be going after both the vans. She is determined not to let the triggers get away from her this time.

"That is why she is doing everything she can to get her hands on them. Hence, Colonel Chandra informed of me this last moment change of plan where I will be driving this van to our safe location instead of the orderly as decided earlier. Colonel does not want to take any chances with the original trigger."

Rajveer nods at Chaubey, totally agreeing with Colonel Chandra's decision of adding extra security. If Ritu has decided to go after both the vans, they will also need improvise their plan accordingly to protect the trigger.

"Ok, Chaubey. You go to the driver's seat and start driving the van. Cadet Naina and I will be sitting on the back of the van," Rajveer said to Chaubey.

"But Sir, where are the other cadets Weren't they also supposed to join us?" Chaubey asks.

"Yes. They will be joining us a few meters away from the safe location where we are going to take the triggers. Ritu could have planned to attack us right before we reach the safe location. That is why I have stationed Cadets Huda, Aalekh, Pooja, Ali, and Yudi there. I have told them to keep an eye on things there and inform me immediately if they see anything amiss," Rajveer tells Chaubey.