Chapter 76

Malini

My lips curve into a small smile as I enter into KMA.

All the memories of when I was a cadet here come rushing to me.

The fun we used to have, the laughter, and even exhaustion we sometimes used to feel. All of them are the fond memories of my life.

But my smile slightly dims when I reach the assembly hall. Because on reaching there, I recount how Abhimanyu had proposed to me there for the first time.

I remember the arrogant smile in his face when he had kneeled in front of me with a diamond ring in his hand. The obsenely large diamond had stared back at me then.

And that smile in his face. Instead of love shining in his face, I had seen sheer arrogance. It was as if he was confident I would not reject his proposal.

He was the prince, after all. With everything he ever wanted brought to his feet in the click of his fingers. Maybe that and his arrogant confidence were the reasons he directly proposed me for marriage. Without confessing his love to me even once before that and without even trying to know if I had any feelings for him.

I had rejected the proposal outright. Not only because I was disgusted by his audacity, but also because, then, I had feelings for my other batchmate, Rajveer Singh Shekhawat.

Abhimanyu and Rajveer had contrasting personalities.

Both were rich. If Abhimanyu was a prince, Rajveer was also a son of a Billionaire. The only difference they had in that regard was Rajveer understood he was rich because his father was a billionaire. But Abhimanyu never realized he was a prince because his father was a king. Abhimanyu always considered himself superior than the others. As if he was someone special.

Other than that, where Abhimanyu was arrogant, always gloating about his kingdom and wealth, Rajveer was humble, never trying to show off.

Where Abhimanyu demanded attention and friendship from his batchmates, Rajveer tried to be there for everyone, helping anyone who needed it.

Initially, I could not fathom how Rajveer and Abhimanyu could be friends. But with time, I realized it was due to Naveen.

Naveen was a good and compassionate person. He came from a humble background but was rich in the matters of the heart and feelings. He had a talent of understanding others. Maybe that was the reason why he could be best friends with Rajveer as well as Abhimanyu. Always trying to be calming as well as binding force between his two best friends.

As our training progressed, I started having feelings for Rajveer. He had such a personality that anyone would fall for him. So, I did too.

We rarely talked. And from whatever little conversation we used to have, I understood he did not have any feelings for me.

But he was my crush and I used to hope and dream about him also having feelings for me some day.

All those hopes and dreams crashed on that fateful day when Abhimanyu proposed to me.

When I rejected him, he was furious, asking me if my rejection was due to the diamond ring not being big enough. I was so shocked by his disgusting mentality that, in my shock and anger, I professed my feelings for Rajveer in front of him and everyone else who had gathered at the hall then.

There was a stunned silence for a few seconds after that, before everyone started speaking at the same time. Some were shocked that I would reject a prince's proposal, some were of the opinion that Abhimanyu deserved it, and some were comparing who between Abhimanyu.and Rajveer was better for me.