26-A Pig for Slaughter

You ended up spending the rest of the day with Hermione. Doing everything, yet nothing at the same time. . .The next day, you went to the Astronomy Tower to see if Draco would show up. You owled him in the early morning. You told him to meet you at 7 am, you sent it at 5 am. He ended up showing at 9 am.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" You were sarcastic.

"How come you wanted me to come here?" He was clearly annoyed.

"Why are you annoyed by me. I can clearly tell by your tone."

"I couldn't really sleep." You could tell that he was lying, but you ignored it.

"Oh, alright. I just wanted to check up on you. Erm- Your eyes have circles under them, you haven't been showing up to class, or to meals! And, I know that you heard Katie Bell. Why would you want to hex Dumbledore?"

"What are you talking about?" He ruffled his platinum hair, then shot his eyes back at you.

"Don't even try and deny it. What have you been doing the times you were gone?" You paused for a moment.

"I've just been sleepy, so I've been sleeping, when I wasn't there."

"Draco- I can clearly see the eye bags."

"Don't worry."

"Draco. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Stop bringing it up."

"Did you hex her?"

"Excuse me?"

"Did you fucking hex Katie Bell?" Your tome raised.

"I- I can't answer that."

"Draco. You've used up your last chance, so what we are. We're over. Forever."

"Please- I shouldn't've done that. I- I just-"

"You just what? You fucking hexed her. I'm not going to fucking forgive you this time, so I'm sorry for that. But, that's on you."

"Please- please just forgive me one more time. If I screw it up, that's it's on me."

"No! I- I don't know how much longer I can do this for. To be honest, I don't know why I keep forgiving you. You screw up time and time again, but NO! You just have to get another chance. You've gone through six, SIX chances, and you want more than that. Oh! And don't even get me started about how you. . . How you slept with someone else. Cause yeah, I saw that. Don't think that I didn't just let you get away with that. It broke my heart, you broke my heart. Time and time again." You started to hyperventilate and pulled at your wrist. "I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid. I'm so fucking stupid." You took your robes off of the floor and started to walk down the stairs. You felt Draco grab your arm.

"You're not stupid. I'm the stupid one."

 "Let go."

"No. Just- Just please hear me out first-"

"I said to let the fuck go. of me Or else. I swear on my mother's grave, I'll make you." You told him in a low growl. He let go of you and you made your way out. You went straight to your dorm and started crying. Luckily it was a weekend, so you didn't have any class. Around lunchtime, you heard a knock on the door. You quickly tried to make it look like you weren't crying and opened the door. "Hi, Hermione!"

"Hey, Y/N. Do you want to go to lunch with me- Oh no! Why've you been crying? What happened?" She went inside your dorm. (Your roommate wasn't there.) She and you sat on your bed. 

"I ended whatever Draco and I were. I sort of regret it, but not at the same time. He's toxic, but I keep going back to him. I don't know why!" You started to sob again, but this time, you got some tissues and wiped your tears off. You finally stopped crying and Hermione pulled you into a hug. 

"He's a git. So, do what you want. Enjoy whatever you want and just forget about him for now. If he really wants you, he'll come back. I'm sure of it." 

"Thank you so much, Mione."

"What are best friends for?"

"Ha." You let out a tiny chuckle. You finally let go of her and pulled away from the hug. "Thank you. Do you want to go to lunch now?"

"I'd be delighted." She exaggerated. You ended up sitting at the Gryffindor table, next to Ron and Harry. 

"Well, what took you so long?" Ron had a smile on his face. 

"Girls be prepping." You said, and he was just confused. "Don't know what I'm talking about, Ron?" He shook his head. "Probably just a muggle thing, then." As soon as you finished your sentence, owls started to fly by.

"Looks like mail's here." Ron got a letter. A singular owl dropped off one letter each to you, Hermione, and Harry. You opened the letter.

Dear students,
I am Professor Slughorn. I have invited you to come to my office, for a dinner party, as soon as we get back from Thanksgiving Break, 2nd of December. Please wear formal attire, and arrive at 6 in the evening.

Best,
Professor Slughorn.

"What's that you got there?" Ron was curious why we all got a letter instead of him.

"Professor Slughorn." You all responded in a few seconds with intervals.

"What is it about?"

"Dinner Party."

"I'm calling you the 'slug club', alright?"

"Very funny, Ron." Hermione rolled her eyes. You finished up your lunch and realized that your lesson with Dumbledore was in fifteen minutes.

"Guys, I'm going to go. I need to go to a lesson with Dumbledore." (If you don't remember, it's the one because of your powers)

"Have fun." Harry teased you.

"Oh, shut it, Harry." You exited the Great Hall. You decided to just go straight there because it's better to be early than late. When you were about to knock on the door, you overheard a conversation with what seemed to be Snape and Dumbledore.

"We both know Lord Voldemort has ordered the Malfoy boy to murder me. And should he fail, should the dark lord turn to you. You must be the one to kill me, Severus. It is the only way. Only then will the dark lord trust you completely. There will be a time when Harry Potter must be told something. But you must wait until Voldemort is at his most vulnerable." You put your hand over your mouth.

"Must be told what?"

"On the night, when Lord Voldemort went to Godric's Hollow to kill Harry, and Lily Potter cast a spell between them, the curse rebounded. When that happened, a part of Voldemort's soul latched itself onto the only living thing it could find, Harry himself. There's a reason Harry can speak with snakes, there's a reason he can look into Lord Voldemort's mind, a part of Voldemort lives inside of him."

"So, when the time comes, the boy must die."

"Yes. Yes, he must die."

"You've kept him alive so he could die at the proper moment. You've been raising him like a pig for slaughter."

"Don't tell me now that you've grown to care for the boy."

"I'm sorry." You heard footsteps and paused time. You went to a place where you would be well hidden. You unfroze time and waited for Snape to leave. Five minutes later, you knocked down his door, pretending you didn't hear anything.

"Yes?" You opened the door.

"Hello, professor. I'm here for the weekly lesson-thing., for the power."

"Oh right, let's get right to that." 

DAMN, SOME INTERESTING THINGS HAPPENED, HUH?

----

Comment 

Vote
Read