13-The Third Task

You got a bit farther from Draco as time went on. He just. . . didn't have a lot of time. 

"Hey, Cedric. Whatcha reading today?" You said.

"Just something about how peculiar muggles are . . . Do you know anything about muggles?"

"Yeah, actually I spent my life before coming to Hogwarts with muggles."

"Oh cool." He paused for a moment. "What are you reading?"

"Oh just some book about Tom Riddle." 

"Wait, isn't that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?" This bitch dumb or something?

"Yeah." You nodded.

"Oh, well..." He trailed off.

"Cedric.. I wanted to say good luck tomorrow. Apparently it's going to be really hard... and... I just wanted to say don't die." You chuckled.

"Ok, very funny. I'm not going to die, don't worry. I'm Cedric Diggory, I can never die." You laughed from his confidence as he walked over to you. 

You looked up. "Yes?" 

"This is a weird question... but... can I kiss you?"

"What?"

"Yeah, actually- I'm sorry, just- never mind."

"Er- Sure." He kissed you. His right hand softly grasping your chin, pulling you deeper into the kiss. Sooner or later, the two of you pulled back and blushed. 

"Also, I know that I will most likely make it out tomorrow, but always prepare for the worst, right? So, I have this book. It's actually my diary... I want you to have it if I die... if not, just return it back to me, please. Is that alright?" He handed you his diary/journal. 

"Most definitely. " You looked at the clock to see the time. "Well... I should be going to bed, seeing it's almost curfew. Good luck, Cedric."

---

You cheered with Ron and Hermione, while there was a band playing. Cedric came out, then Fleur Delecourt, followed by Victor Krum and Harry.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows the exact position. Now, as Mr Diggory, and Mr Potter, tied for the first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum, Miss Delcourt. First-person to touch the cup, will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand. Contestants gather round." He said having them get in a huddle with him. 

You couldn't really hear what he was saying. He started speaking loudly again. "Champions, prepare yourselves." They dispersed and everyone cheered. They got ready to go. You saw Cedric and his father hug each other, then Professor Moody pat Harry's back. 

"You may begin on the count of three. One..." The cannon fired. Dumbledore just gave up, and they reluctantly entered the maze. Followed by Krum and Delecourt. After a while, you got bored and wanted to see what was happening. Since you'd been practising on your freezing time, which could last for about two hours now, you decided to try it. You froze time, and everyone froze, just as planned. 

You quickly ran to your dorm (For some reason you have a broom in your dorm) you ran back out, and it's been thirty minutes, you flew over the maze, barely being able to make out the maze since there was a heavy fog covering it. You got to the Cup, Harry and Cedric were about to touch it, they were both looking terrible and I mean TERRIBLE. 

You smirked and took a mental picture. You quickly returned back to your dorm, then went back to your seat, and unfroze time. After about fifteen minutes, you started to get worried. You thought that someone was supposed to go to where you were all at. Another fifteen minutes went by and Harry returned, with a body. You couldn't believe it, it was Cedric.