5 - I'm Sorry

" And the champion for the Beauxbatons is . . ."

"The champion for the Beauxbatons is Fleur Delecourt."  Everyone cheered as she made her way to Dumbledore.

"The champion for the Durmstang is--" He pulled out another cinched piece of paper "--Victor Krum." Everyone cheered as he powerfully walked(hehe powerwalking; jazzercise) across the room, to Dumbledore and Fleur. 

"The last champion, Hogwarts's champion is..." Everyone was silent not knowing who to expect... he grabbed out another piece of paper "Cedric Diggory!"

You looked up at him, not knowing how to feel. Even from the few interactions, it was enough for you to worry about him, as any other sensible student. You were wary that he might die from this-- any one of the three champions might die from this. No matter that now; the only thing that matters is you show your full support.

"Good luck." You force out, not letting the worry in your voice show.

"Thank you, I'll need it, Y/N." He then walked over to the rest of the champions and joined them.

"And with that, Fleur Delecourt, Victor Krum, and Cedric Di-"(lol what if it wasn't diggory that he was gonna say😏)   He was going to say Cedric's last name, but the goblet of fire turned blue and spewed out flames...

and another paper.

With that he snatched it, reading the name aloud: Harry Potter. Your best friend is going to... compete? What did he do this year?

Dumbledore showed visible distress while scanning the room, along with everyone else who glanced over at Harry. 

"Come here, boy." He gestured to Harry. "Everyone, and with that concludes the drawing of our champions. Fleur Delecourt, Victor Krum, Cedric Diggory, and Harry Potter." Everyone gasped. 

People started to yell things out like 'he cheated' or 'you shouldn't allow him to compete. He's not 17.' With that, everyone was escorted to their common rooms. And Harry was talking with the Professors. 

When walking to the common room, all that clouded your mind was that you couldn't bear to lose another person in your life-- no matter if it was Cedric or Harry. While everyone celebrated, you just went to your dorm for some peace and quiet. You were going to go read a book until you were almost asleep, but you then remembered that they were crowding the common room. 

Fuck it. Just get it. What's the harm? You opened the door, hearing everyone's loud voices. You rolled your eyes. When you finally got down to the common room, you were met with barely an inch of space between one another; not only that, it was a disadvantage that your ankle was still injured. In a matter of minutes, you were finally able to reach the bookshelf. You retrieved the book and started to attempt to escape the labyrinth of people. You then accidentally bumped into someone and knocked heads. 

"Sorry." You both said in unison. You first noticed the auburn hair... Cedric? Blimey, of course. He helped you up. "Thank you, Diggory. Congrats on being one of the champions. It's very well deserved." You grinned.

"Thank you, L/N." He replied, nodding his head.

"Well, er- I- I'm going to bed now. Goodnight." You stated really awkwardly, still squished.

"Oh, alright. So, you're not staying?" 

"No, no. I just came back down to get my book then go back up. It's a bit too cozy in here." You stated, seeing a couple getting a little too comfortable with everyone else here.

"That makes sense. Well, then goodnight, Y/N." 

"It seems like we always wish each other farewell. That doesn't matter. Goodnight, Mr. Diggory."