Shopping And Playing

The next morning, Adam woke up with his head resting on Maxs head and a long arm around his waist. He blinked as he looked back at the alarm clock that had magically appeared. 7:15am. He decides to get up and get change. He carefully manoeuvred himself out of bed, making sure he didn't wake anyone else up. That's when he realized that he had no clothes to change into. He sighed and made his way out of the room after kissing the others on the head.

When he got downstairs, he decided to make some breakfast as cooking always helped him think. He went over to the fridge to see what he could make. Searching, he found some bacon, eggs and sausages. He decided to make a big breakfast for Tyler, a medium one for himself and a small one for max. He started to cook when he suddenly got a call from his uncle. He answered the phone, put it on speaker and went back to cooking.

"hi uncle. Why you calling so early?" adam asked, cracking an egg and listening to the satisfying sizzle that it makes when it hits the pan.

"just wanted to tell you that the car arrived at your house last night and that inside is £10,000 so you can go shopping today." Quinten said, looking down at the paperwork in front of him but not really paying any attention to it.

"you don't have to give us money. But thank you. Can I ask you to do something for me please?" adam said, thinking about something his uncle had said the day before.

"I want to give you guys money. I have too much of it. And what's up?" Quinten laughed, intrigued on what the question was gonna be.

"can you come over and start fixing up the basement for max? I want to make it a play are like you said." adam asked, flipping the bacon and sausages as they cooked.

"sure!" Quinten said, happy to get way from the paperwork.

Just then, Tyler came up behind adam, scaring him half to death when he wrapped his arms around his waist. Adam jumped, letting out a little squeak, getting a laugh from Tyler.

" don't scare me like that. Anyway, imma have to go uncle. The foods done and max is waking up. Thanks for the money. Hope too see you soon. I'll text you the details. Bye. Love ya"

Quinten said his goodbyes and hung up, going back to his paperwork. Tyler helped Adam plate the food and after making sure everything was turned off, they went upstairs. When they walked into the room, they food max sitting in the middle of the room, playing with his hands.

"hi max. I made breakfast." adam said, putting on the bedside table in order to get into bed.

Max looked up at him and smiled, not feeling like talking just yet. He nodded at him and made grabby hands at the food, knowing, just from looking at it, that he wouldn't be able to eat it all. Adam passed him the plate, telling him that he doesn't have to eat it all, as long as he eats most of it. Then they all dig in, each filling their stomachs. Max could only eat some of his bacon and eggs, getting too full to eat any more than that. Adam ate 3/4 of his plate before he was full, looking over at Maxs plate and feeling proud of how much he ate. Tyler ate all of his food and then offered to take the plates down. He made his way downstairs, putting the plates in the dishwasher and starting it up. He then walked back to the room and asked what was the plan for the day.

"well the car arrived last night and Quinten left £10,000 in it so we could go shopping. I was thinking of going today as we don't have any clothes or anything. Plus we need to get stuff for Maxs bedroom. I also need to tell you something later," adam said getting up and picking max up.

Max started to try wiggling out of his arms, trying to show that he wasn't liitle right now. Adam understood what he was implying but carried him anyway as he was in a caregiver head space. He place max on the couch and asked Tyler to go get his shoes. Quickly, Tyler grabbed his shoes and passed them to Adam, who placed them on Maxs feet and told him to stay where he was. Then he placed his own shoes on and once again, picked max up and headed to the door. Tyler had already opened the door and headed to the car. He got into the drivers seat and started the car, looking in the back and seeing a case. Opening it, he found the money that Quinten had gave them. He took a thousand out and put it in his wallet so they wouldn't have to open it whenever they wanted to pay. Adam placed max in the back, on an adult sized car seat. Max didn't complain, not admitting that he liked the seat.