Fair

They all got out of the car and walked towards the entrance, where they bought their tickets. Quinten wanted to buy them fast passes but was forced not to by max, who was in a headspace of 7-8 at the moment, who said that waiting in line was part of the experience. So, grumbling, he payed for normal tickets and then walked in. They decided to do a full circle of the fair, going on every ride and going around the stalls, before just wandering around, going on rides they liked. The first ride they went on was a mini roller-coaster, which was mainly being rode by children and a few teenagers.

It was in the shape of a dragon, with small, stumpy legs that were attached to the side. They decided to sit at the front, Adam sitting next to max as Quinten and Tyler sat behind them, smiling at the two in front of them. After everyone was seated, the ride started, going slow at first and slowly getting faster. It went up a steep incline before stopping completely. Suddenly, it went down, getting faster and faster as it went round a few small "loops" and bumps. After 5 minutes of the roller-coaster, it was the end, them all getting off, dizzy and a bit wonky.

They took a small break, sitting on a bench in order to catch their breaths and be able to see straight. Max giggled a bit as the world span around him. Soon, they decided to get up and go on the next ride. The waltzer.

They all managed to fit in one cart thing, the bar being pushed down on them to keep them secure and seated. After a short couple of minutes, the ride started, going round and round the booth in the centre. One of the men who works there came over, grabbing the cart and spun them as hard as he could. They all screamed in excitement as they spun and spun. To soon, the ride was over. Tyler and Quinten had to help max and Adam off as they were giggling and couldn't stand up properly.

It was this time they got to some stalls so they decided to go to them, as they said they would before they started going round the fair. The first stall they got to was hook a duck.

The prizes ranged from balls, plastic guns and other random toys. Max saw a plush of an owl and instantly fell in love with it. He ran over to the side of which it was on. He pointed while jumping up and down. Nothing had to be said and they could tell what they had to do. Barely even a minute later, max was happily holding his owl while the others were holding there's. Max had quickly realised that there was 4 owls and they all were different colours. So he asked if they could win all of them. Adam got the brown one. Tyler got the grey one. Quinten got the black one. And finally, Max got the white one. He had never been happier.

The next stall they saw was a darts one. Now, they were all absolutely bad at darts. Absolutely terrible. But when max saw the whale plush, it was like some magical powers had taken over them. Still, it took them all a total of 8 games to finally win the whale. Still, max had fun watching as they all groaned in frustration when they lost. Or when they would miss the board. But soon, he was holding both his whale and owl under his arms, a giant grin in his face as he looked around for what was next. It was... That one game where you have to knock all the cans over... What's it called?

This was max's favourite stall, not because he was that good at it. He actually couldn't do it much. Or the fact that the balls felt nice in his hands. It was because if you do manage to do it, the feeling you get from winning is amazing. You feel like you can do anything. But they all knew that the game was rigged and winning was near impossible. But still, they had fun playing, coming close to winning sometimes. Sadly, they couldnt win from this stall so they moved on.

By this time, it was lunch time so they went to see what food was offered. There were sweets in a few stalls, Chinese food in others. But they ended up settling on some burgers. Walking up to the stall, the smell of food hit them, making them realise they were hungrier than they thought they were. They all got the same, Maxs being smaller as he couldn't stomach much yet. They didn't rush when they ate, they took their time as they still had time to get around the rest of the fair. After 15 minutes, they all had finished their food and put the rubbish in the bin. They decided as their food settled, they'd go to one more stall.

The stall they went to was basketball. Max was really good at the basketball game so he took over and played. He took the first ball in his hand and took a deep breath. The feeling if the ball in his hands calmed him before he started taking shots at the net. He scored every shot he took, meaning he was able to win one of the biggggg stuffies. He decided to get the giant dinosaur. It was the one with the long neck that eats leaves. It was bigger than he was, so Quinten had to hold it so it didn't drag on the floor.

Max yawned so they decided that they would go on one more ride before heading home. They could always come back another day. They decided on the haunted house ride. They being max and Quinten as the others saw this love tunnel thing and wanted to go on it.

The line was short so they were quick to get on. Quinten sat next to max, holding him close incase he got to scared. They started moving as the ride set off with scary music and random scary noises. The first scare was a which popping out of a wall, scaring them both but Quinten would deny he was scared afterwards. The ride was pretty short with a few things popping out walls and screaming from other people and the speakers. All to quickly, the ride ended and they got off, max falling asleep on his dad's shoulder. They met up with Adam and Tyler who had heart eyes at each other. Quinten laughed heartily at them and started going towards the car.

After stapping max in the car seat in the back, Quinten gave him his owl and put the whale and dinosaur in the boot. Adam also got in the back, deciding to take a nap with max, while tyler and Quinten got in the front. Quinten started driving, having a quiet conversation with Tyler until they got home.

Max and Adam were placed down cuddling on the couch as the others emptied the car and went to start cooking a small dinner as they had had a big lunch.

A/N: I'm so sorry for the long break. I don't remember the last time I updated this book. I kinda lost motivation for it but people seemed to love it so I decided to continue with the story. I don't know how I'm gonna end this story off though, so it's gonna be a surprise for all of us. Once again, I'm sorry this took so long. I hope you can all forgive me.