Surprise Trip

They woke up the next day, all cuddled up with max in the middle. Light shone through the gap in the curtains, putting light on Maxs face. He looked like an angel. His eyes slowly opened, squinting in the light. He rolled on his side, face away from the light. Once again, he opened his eyes, tiredly blinking away the sleep from his eyes. He looked around, spotting his caregivers and uncle watching him from different points around the bed. The curtain jsd been closed fully, keeping the lights from bleeding in.

"how'd you sleep?" Max heard Adam ask as he walked closer, reaching his arms out in order to pick max up.

Max nodded, as he didn't feel like speaking but he didn't want to seem ignorent. He let himself be picked up and was soon carried down stairs to the kitchen. There he was placed in a high chair, where he slowly layed his head on the table thing in front of him. Sleep still plauged his mind, making it all fuzzy, as well as his mental age. He must have fallen back asleep because the next thing he knows, he is being shook awake as a plate of mini pancakes was placed in front of him. A small bit of syrup drizzled down the side of the pancakes, a strawberry placed on the top. A knife and fork came out of no where and started to cut the food up into bite size pieces. A fork of food was slowly placed in his mouth, which he gladly took and ate slowly. After 15 minutes, everyone had finished their breakfast, they all headed upstairs, Quinten going into his own room, and got changed.

Max was dressed in some red shorts and a white shirt. Very plain but comfy. Adam was wearing ripped jeans with a white shirt. Tyler was wearing blue jeans with a black shut. Quinten was wearing a suit, as per usual. Max was confused on why they were getting dressed so he decided to ask.

"where going?" he asked, pretty quietly but could still be heard.

Adam looked over, a smile on his, and said, "we're going to the fair, baby."

Max gasped in excitement. He loved the fair. They hadn't been to the fair in years, after their dad became abusive. He was quickly distracted from the memories when Tyler picked him up and sat him in front of a mirror. Tyler picked up a hairbrush and started styling Maxs mop of hair. Adam appeard in the mirror, dabbing bits of makeup onto his face. Being mentally younger, max was interested on what his brother was doing and reached out for the brush. The brush was placed in his hand, Adam keeping an eye on him to make sure he didn't put it in his mouth. He had made sure to clean the brush off after using it but still gotta be careful. Max started dabbing the brush on his face, trying to copy what he saw his brother doing. Both Adam and Tyler chuckled.

Tyler had finished with Maxs hair so Adam swivelled the chair to face him. He told max to keep his eyes closed as he put a bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner on him. ( they had had a conversation about makeup and stuff after they had moved in. Max consented to have makeup on him, even in little space. Just wanted to clarify.). After they had all finished, they headed downstairs where Quinten was waiting near the door, on his phone.

He looked up and saw his children (he sees Adam and max as his children) looking stunning. He walked up to them, tears gathering in the corner of his eyes.

"You both look so good. I'm so proud of you both," he said, hugging them both.

"thank you... Dad," adam said, looking down at the end.

Quinten stood there shocked, before a wide smile stretched across his face. He hugged Adam, holding him close as they both cried.

"I love you, child, " Quinten whispered, kissing Adams head.

"love you too," adam replied, pulling away from the hug, wiping his eyes.

Max, not knowing what was happening, yelled "fair" breaking the moment.

Everyone laughed and headed to the door. They decided to take the big car, as who knows what they'll win while out. The fair was a good half an hour drive so they set off early to get there early. They didn't want to be there when it was really crowded.

Max was kicking his feet, excited to go the fair and win some prizes. He was slowly getting restless as he wanted to get there now, but he didn't have a tantrum. He simply kept getting more fidgety. Tyler noticed this and pulled a frog toy out of the backpack he had brought. He gave it to max, who was immediately distracted by the toy in his hands. He started giggling as he played, and soon enough, they had made it to the fair.

*finally, after 3 months, I have wrote more. I'm so sorry it took 3 months to write a really poopy and short chapter. Writers block and I recently lost 2 friends. They aren't dead or anything, just became really toxic. Anyway, here's another chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed*