Chapter 9: Crushed emotionally or physically?

"I hate you, Wang Yibo... But I wish you were here with me.. I miss you.."

The words softly slipped out of his mouth as he slowly drifted off to sleep, in his own dreamland, far from reality, where he didn't need to worry about his feelings; the feelings that made him confused, the feelings that kept him up til late night, the feelings he had towards Yibo, but was too afraid to declare it as such.

• • • • • • •

        The annoying ringing of the alarm was piercing through Yibo's head as he groaned, grabbing his phone from the side table, wanting to shut off the sound of the alarm. As he did, he heaved a deep sigh; looking at the time, which read 7:03 A.M.

He groggily dragged himself out of his bed, making his way to the bathroom. After a warm shower and brushing his teeth, he went to his closet and chose his outfit for the day; a light grey button-up shirt, a pair of dark gray skin tight jeans, and a long black coat to top it all off.

Tying his hair back, in a loose-low ponytail, and putting his shoes on, he grabbed his phone, car keys and his wallet, as he left his hotel room.

To think that, since his father especially called him here, he would probably be living in his own apartment or something like that, but no. Yibo refused to live there; anywhere where he would have to see his father outside of work, thus, here he was; booking a hotel room for a week and living there for the time being.

As he got into his car and shut the door, he put his phone on the dashboard and started the car. A wind of emotions hit him every time he drove through the familiar streets of Tokyo. The same faint smell of what once felt like home, the same city lights he once adored, the same shops and stores that he once would be pumped, to go to.

Although the times might've changed, but the feelings never did. Stopping his car at the red light signal, waiting for it to turn green, he looked out of his window, and to his surprise; it was still there..

The flower shop, his favorite flower shop that he always stopped by, to get flowers for his mother. Most of the time he would come here together with his mother, and some times he would get flowers for her as a surprise. Never a day went by, where he didn't visit the shop, even if he wanted to buy flowers or not; he would always visit the shop, either to check new flowers out or check up on the owner, as him and his mother had built quite a bond with the old lady that ran the shop.

He looked away soon enough, paying attention to the road; driving away to his destination as the light turned green. It took about 15 more minutes until he had reached the building; his father's workplace.

Taking his phone from the dashboard, he got out of the car and locked the door behind him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he walked towards the entrance of the building. Needless to say, it had gotten much more vast now, but still as boring and quiet as ever; rather, too quiet for Yibo's liking.

The building, and even the workers and employees there; it all felt lifeless. He walked over to the nearest elevator and got in. 'Floor 8th' he revised in his mind, clear that he still remembered the floor his father's office was on; pressing the right buttons on the elevator to take him to his desired floor.

As the elevator started going up, his heart sank in his chest, thinking about his upcoming encounter with none other than his own father. He wasn't scared as one can put it that way, rather, he was numb and more likely in pain. As the elevator reached the 8th floor, the doors opened, allowing Yibo to finally step out and face his worst nightmare.