Chapter 17: The beginning of us

Pocketing his phone once again, he then averted his attention back to the food that was almost cooked now. Though he might not be sure why or what exactly his heart felt, but it was a good feeling nonetheless.

• • • • • • • •

19.01.2017       10:03 AM

The train tracks where you would usually actual trains, carrying passengers, go their path, were now accompanied by two men running running and panting for their lives, while a group of people ran after them.

The men, not having a clue of who the other person was before this day, shared a knowing look before jumping on a moving train, and struggling their way on top of the roof of the train. Now they would be cursing their luck if it was an underground track, but thankfully not today.

With the increasing speed of the train, and them still running on the roof, it was no surprise that they took a lead on the group of people running after them. As they reached the train engine and there was no longer space for them to run, they jumped off in unison, landing on the gravel, on which the train tracks were laid.

A deep sigh escaped their mouths as they tried to catch their breath. One of them, wearing all white, except for his black cap and sneakers, finally sat down as his legs gave up on supporting his figure. His legs straightened out as he leaned back, with his hands supporting him to sit up. Though the stones poked at his palms, he could care less right now.

The other man, wearing a mix of grey's and black's, who was still standing a minute ago, hands on his hips, also finally took a seat beside the other. He had his legs crossed, while his arms on both sides of his figure, supporting him. As he leaned his head back, the other man caught his attention.

"Why were they after you?" The man in all white asked, curiosity lingering in his voice. The other chuckled. "Not even a hella who are you, just straight to point huh" he marked sarcastically, as he searched for something in his pocket.

"Well.. okay fine. I'm Ji Li, you?" He said, rolling his eyes, an unamused tone in his voice. "Well that was easy to get out of you. You know you can get in danger if you hand out your identity just like that, right? Especially considering the fact that those fuckers were just chasing you." The other male said, taking the said object, which just so happened to be a cigarette pack and a lighter, out of his pocket.

"Oh shut up, of course I know it's dangerous. But you were running away from those bitches just like me, so I'd assume you wouldn't be on their side" he said cockily, clicking his tongue. "A fucking attitude you got there hm? Fine. I'm Yibo" he said, taking a drag out of his now lit cigarette.

"Born without a last name?" Ji Li remarked with a smirk. "Fuck off" Yibo rolled his eyes while letting the smoke out. They sat there in silence, well,, until Yibo got tired of the silence and offered Ji Li to smoke too, to which he agreed and took the lighter and cigarette from the other.

"How old even are you? You don't look an age where you should be messing with those little shits." Yibo asked, raising his left eyebrow in curiosity. "20. And shut up, you look my age and you're fucking with them too, so your point?" He said in a kind of annoyed tone.

"Okay damn defensive much. But you're right anyway, I'm 21. But still why were they chasing you? you look innocent. Well, maybe without that attitude" Yibo rolled his eyes while the last words fell out of his tongue.