Chapter 13: Feelings to resolve

"I'll text you later, bye! Have a safe ride, home" "Hm I will, you take care of yourself as well! Bye" They waved each other as Haikuan left the room, closing the door behind him, upon which, Cheng flopped down back on the sofa; looking at his phone and smiling to himself about all the events that happened today.

'Today was great..'

• • • • • • •

          "A'Zhan... Look, I know you're concerned about Yibo, but we need to go back" Xuan Lu said as she caressed Zhan's hands, who was currently sitting in front of her. "I know 'jie but.. can't we stay a bit longer..?" Zhan asked, trying to convince the older, looking down at his hands, hoping for a positive answer.

"Zhan please d-"

*knock knock knock*

"Come in" Xuan Lu said the both of them turned their head towards the door. As the door opened, a beautiful lady, dressed in mostly white, appeared; bowing to the two sitting on the bed. "Sir, Ma'am, please head down whenever you're ready, your luggages are already in the car, the flight is in 2 hours" She smiled, bowing her head and leaving from the room, leaving Zhan and Xuan Lu alone, once again.

"We better get going 'jie.." The younger said, getting up from the bed, giving his friend a small, defeated smile; to which, Xuan Lu hummed in response and got up from the bed, as well. The both of them left the hotel room and got into an elevator which took them to the ground floor. Walking out of the elevator, they left the hotel and got in their car, which was assigned to them for travel purposes.

As they headed to the airport, a thought came into Zhan's mind and he quickly reached for his phone, from his pocket. Scrolling through his contacts, his eyes caught sight of the one contact he was looking for. Opening the chat, his fingers worked on their own as he typed out a message, finally pressing 'send', before turning his phone off and putting it back in his pocket.

Yibo

Hope you're doing good! I'm leaving
back for Beijing, sorry I couldn't come
and say a goodbye in person :(
Sent 2:04 PM

Oh and
sorry about making you uncomfortable
with my question yesterday, I didn't
know what took over my head haha
Sent 2:05 PM

Stay safe and take care of yourself!
Sent 2:05 PM

Love you
Message not delivered! Try again

• • •

"Lan Zhan! I told you not to go to the night hunt in such cold whether and Zewu-jun said it would be fine if you didn't go, too! Now look at you, you caught a cold!" Wei Wuxian glared at his husband, as his husband laid on the bed, listening to the younger's scoldings. "You never listen to me when it comes to these things" Wuxian mumbled the last part, but Wangji was quick to hear what he had said.

"Wei ying, I'm fine. You don't need to worry" the Lan said in a low voice, only loud enough for his beloved to hear. Wuxian only ignored him in response while dabbing a wet warn towel on his husband's chest. "Get up" Wuxian helped his husband to sit straight on the bed. While rubbing Wangji's back with the towel, the younger was extra careful because of the scars on his husband's back.

"Lan Zhan.." He said in a muffled voice as he kissed the deep scars on his soulmate's back. "Mn?" "I'm sorry.." Wuxian said as tears brimmed up in his eyes, thinking about everything his husband went through, because of him. Wrapping his arms around his beloved's torso, resting his head on the other's shoulder, Wuxian couldn't help but choke out a sob, which didn't go unheard by his husband.