Chapter 2: First Fight

"Boss, here are the files you wanted, Haikuan can start investing nowh if-" before the man could finish his sentence, Yibo's phone started ringing. "No. Haikuan will start his case tomorrow, now go." Stating this Yibo picked up his phone while the other man quickly went away from the room.

As soon as the call ended, he went to the first floor main hall, where everyone else was. His eyes were filled with rage but face still as stone cold as ever. "Father called" he stated, on which everyone started looking at him with wide eyes.

Unfortunately for Yibo, Zhan was also there with everyone, and not wanting to sound suspicious, Yibo could neither tell everyone what he wanted to tell them, nor could he tell Zhan to go to his room and leave them alone.

Now the air was thick as everyone, except Zhan, knew there was something wrong and that Yibo was really holding himself back from lashing out. Zhan sensed the atmosphere was becoming more awkward and felt like he wasn't wanted there, so without hesitating, he got up from the couch.

"Hey um.. I just remembered that I have to do some vocal practicing, so I'll be in my room.." He said awkwardly, walking off to his room. As soon as he was in his his room, everyone started looking at Yibo again, wanting him to tell them what happened.

"Father called.. Saying that the we have to do the mission today instead of two days later because we'll have another mission on that day.." Yibo said as he sighed as he sat down on the couch. "Haikuan, start your case right now. Ji li, go check and confirm all the files, also send Xiao Zhan here. Zanjin, go prepare all the weapons."

Nodding at the orders of their boss, everyone left to do their assigned work. Ji li was quite confused as ro why Yibo wanted Zhan there, but nonetheless, he went to Zhan's room and knocked on the door. "Zhan! Yibo called you in lounge room" saying that, not even waiting for a reply, Ji li left to do his own work.

Zhan quickly got up and wemt away from his room, to the lounge room. Without a word, he went and sat on the couch, right beside Yibo. Aa he did, he felt his heart ache and beat fadter than usual, he was confused as to why, but he let it slide, saying to himself that it's just because he's nervous or something.

"Me and the others won't be here today, we have some business to attend, you'll be staying here alone so don't you even dare do something weird or enter the forth floor or the basement." Saying this, he got up from the couch, not even bearing a glance at the male beside him, walking off to his office.

Taking a deep sigh, Zhan took out his phone from his pocket and started going through social media to kill time, he was just scrolling until he got a message from his manager, asking him to come to the studio to shoot scenes of his new music video.

Reading the text and replying with an 'ok', Zhan got up from the couch, into his room to change. Changing into a white full-sleve T-shirt and a pair of jeans, he left for his studio. After a ride of 40 minutes, he finally arrived at his studio.

"Hey Zhan! All the staff is in the main hall, first we'll be shooting the ending scenes and for the rest we'll be going outside, the outfits are already picked out so let's start" the manager said as he left for the main hall. Nodding, Zhan also left for the main hall.

After a long day of shooting, it was now 11pm. Zhan was extremely exhausted from shooting all day. As he got out of the building to go to his car, he notjing but a black bike. He was about to go look for his driver, when someone pulled him by his arm, leading him in the direction of the bike.

Zhan tried to get the man away from him, but the man's grip was very strong, making Zhan sigh in defeat. The man stopped when he had rea hed the bike, unfortunately, he had a helmet on so Zhan couldn't see the man's face. "Get on" saying this, the man got on his bike. Zhan was just standing there staring at the man.