Chapter 16: We've got eachother

Love really was being cruel. Whether it was between two lovers unknowingly in love, or between a family which was tied together with the last thread. Love was indeed cruel.

• • • • • • •

         It's been 4 days since Zhan had received the email from his manager, informing about his concerts in the USA. Though, nothing much happened in the 4 days other than Zhan recording his new songb which was still in the making, and hanging around at Xuan Lu's.

Zhan hadn't gone back to Yibo's mansion ever since he had came back from his visit in Japan. He'd been staying at Xuan Lu's since then, and the older didn't seen to mind her friend staying with her either.

Today, Zhan was totally free, since he planned to start packing tomorrow, for his flight the day after. Being in a cycle of going to the studio, coming back home, eating, sleeping, and repeat; he decided to have a hangout with his other friend in the city, ZhuoCheng.

It was currently 1:47 PM, and Zhan was almost ready. He wore a white and grey plaid shit topped with a dark grey, almost black, zipper hoodie which was unzipped to show the plaid pattern underneath. He finished the outfit with a pair of dark blue ripped jeans, and a white cap as well as a white mask, to keep his identity hidden. And to match the aesthetic, white sneakers were a must.

He checked himself out in the mirror one last time, accessorizing himself with a shiney Rolex watch, and Chanel earrings, and finally leaving the room to meet Xuan Lu. She was already waiting in the hallway for the younger male, so they could leave together.

She wore a beautiful baby blue off-shoulder top with puffy net sleeves, paired with a white skirt, flowing right at the knee. Her hair was open, a white beret lay on her head, and silver dangling earrings along with an elegant Chanel necklace, and her face also stayed hidden behind a white mask. She a blue clutch bag with her, containing her phone, her keys, and most importantly her wallet. All finished off with white heels.

"You look beautiful 'jie! Let's go now" Xuan Lu smiled at Zhan's compliment and they both left to meet the third friend. Both of them got in the car assigned for Zhan, and the driver then took off to their desired destination.

After about a 20 minute drive, they had arrived to a place very familiar and memorable to all three of them. They got out of the car and stood at the front of the cafe, taking in sight it's beautiful and home-like structure. Their attention was quickly then drawn to a figure walking towards them, waving.

He wore a dark purple button up shirt, sleeves rolled up, along with a pair of grey jeans and black seekers. He also had a silver Rolex on his left wrist, and his hair was set back while a few strands stayed on sides of his face. His outfit was finished off with black earrings and a black mask covering his face.

The pair greeted ZhuoCheng as they walked in the café; which really stood up to it's name, especially for the trio. Home-Love'y. It truly was like a home for the three.

They all walked in and took a seat at one of the tables at the back, right next to a big window. The sweet aroma of coffee and freshly baked items filled the place, making it an instant comfort place for whoever walked in. As they say around the round table, it was a matter of a few minutes until the waitress had come to take their order.

"One regular Mocha and a strawberry cake for me" Zhan told the waitress with a smile, putting down the menu. "One Cappuccino with Almond milk, and a coffee cake for me, please" ZhuoCheng followed up, as the waitress was writing down the orders, "and I'd would like a regular Latte with a chocolate cake, thank you" Xuan Lu finished, as the waitress then bowed and left with their orders.