Chapter 18: The beginning of us pt.2

"And the same question can go for you as well." Haikuan once again reversed the situation back to the younger. Yibo sighed and rested his frame against the back of the sofa, throwing his hand back. Taking a few deep breaths, he turned his head towards the older, before speaking.

• • • • • • • •

        "Wang Bingwen.. ever heard of him?" Yibo was now looking directly at the older, who was wondering why the other was asking him that. "Who wouldn't know him? He's that huge businessman, with some expected rumours of him also being in the Mafia. Why're you asking of him all of a sudden?"

"Well for starters, he most definitely is the Mafia, he's the leader in fact. And I know that because.. well.." Yibo took a deep sigh, "well because.. myself Wang Yibo, Wang Bingwen's only son, next to be handling his businesses if anything happens to that old man." He said it like it was such a casual thing to have one of the top businessmen in China, and the leader of a Mafia, as your father.

As expected, the older's reaction was laughter, and honestly, Yibo can't blame him at all. I mean who wouldn't laugh if you just told them something as crazy as this. "Okay Mr. Wang Bingwen's son, cut to the chase now. Why're you asking me about that man, and why were you in that area? If you don't wanna tell me that's fine, but at least don't bullshit like this man" Haikuan chuckled.

Sighing, Yibo took out his ID card from his wallet, handing it to the older. "Since you've done alot for me today, I owe you an explanation. Here, read it." He watched as Haikuan's eyes went wide, reading the information on the card. "Believe me now?" The younger asked, taking his card back, seeing the shocked expression on the other's face.

"You really weren't kidding then..." Haikuan said, he tried to stay collected and calm, but a part of him was terrified.

'did I get myself into trouble by helping this boy?... Wait Haikuan you idiot, trouble or not, helping others is always the good option, just.. take a deep breath and ask him what's going o-' Yibo snapped his fingers in front of the older's eyes as a sign to bring him out of his thoughts, which seemed to have worked since Haikuan cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak, rather than just blankly staring at the younger as he was doing so before.

"So.. what's the deal? Why were you hiding from those men? Shouldn't you have protection gathered around you at all times? I mean.. son of the Wang Bingwen.." Haikuan trailed off, the last sentence coming out much quieter than the rest, at which the younger heaved a sigh.

"Yeah right as if, that old man's the only reason I was fucking running away for my life like that" Yibo scoffed, taking Haikuan in a shock as the other was definitely expecting any answer but the one given to him.

"Those were his men, I'm not really.. eh.. let's say 'working' alongside my old man," Yibo trailed off, trying to find the right words to describe the whole situation, "he works on his own with his own men, and 'bcuz I refuse to work with him, he sends off his little minions to get me to him so he could talk me into working with him rather than against him".

At the explaination, Haikuan was definitely taken aback, because as he thought, 'the son of the Mafia? Going against the Mafia?' yeah it definitely didn't make sense to him when put like that.

"Look," Yibo started, "I know this might be new to hear or whatever,"

'might be new?! Is this guy nuts? Of fucking course it's new to him!' Haikuan thought, yet felt best not to say out loud and listen to this boy ramble on about what seemed like, hatred, towards his father and his line of business.