Chapter 3: Unknown number

His heart beating fast, the smoke coming out of his mouth after taking out the cigarette from his mouth, his hands trembled while he sat on the cold sand, leaning his back against his bike and looking at the waves before his eyes.

'Where have I seen you before..?'.....
'Why do I feel the need to protect you..?'......
'Why can't I get my mind off of you..?'....

The thoughts ran in Yibo's mind as the pictures of the other beautiful man, were the only thing he could imagine. 'His soft hair.. Those soft and magical eyes I could look at forever.. That beautiful face.. The smile that could light up the world.. Where have I seen it before...'

The thought engaged Yibo's mind, closing his eyes and resting one of his arms on his knee and from the other, he took out his phone from the pocket of his pants. As he typed in the password, the screen lit up, showing a hand drawn picture of a man, but only the back side of the man.

The man in the picture had long luscious hair, a broad chest and a tiny waist, overall a beautiful figure, sitting in a stream, surrounded by lotus flowers and a bunny beside him.

Yibo had drawn this picture, inspired by a lot of his dreams combined. Staring at the picture while caressing it, Yibo was deep in thoughts, while a small smile found its way on Yibo's face.

Checking the time, it was now 3 am, three hours since he left and has been at the beach, three hours since a certain someone wouldn't leave his mind even for a second.

Heaving a deep sigh, Yibo put his phone back into his pocket and stood up from the ground. Getting on his bike, Yibo started it and rode off from the beach to his mansion.

Arriving at his place, he got off his bike, taking off his helmet, and walked inside the mansion. As he was passing through the hallway, leading to his room, the lights were turned on, revealing his three friends, with concerned looks on their faces.

"Where did you go..? You've been out for more than 3 hours, do you know how worried we were?" Liu Haikuan asked Yibo in a concerned tone. Getting no response from the younger, Haikuan sighed.

"Okay then, answer when you feel like it.. Just go rest now, we have an important mission tomorrow.. Good night" Ji Li said as he patted Yibo's shoulder, leaving for his own room, the others doing the same.

'If only I could voice my every thought and dream..' Turning off the lights, Yibo left for his own room on the forth floor, already prepared for the guys' questions and awkward meetings with Zhan, tomorrow.

The next morning, Yibo woke up at 6am along with the guys. Haikuan already went to do more investigation, Ji li and Zanjin were preparing the files and weapons needed, spending all the time in the basement, so it was only Yibo and Zhan left in the house who were free.

Well Zhan was still asleep so Yibo didn't have to worry about the awkward interactions. As Yibo was sitting in the lounge, going through his laptop, he got a call from his father.

"What does he want now..?" Yibo groaned, picking up the call. "What?" Yibo said in a stone-cold voice, the voice that could cut through shards, however Yibo's father, Mr. Wang, was used to this behavior of his son.

"Bring that Xiao Zhan guy with you, tonight. His safety is my guarantee so don't even give me any of that 'I can't bring him, it's dangerous' shit" saying this, Mr. Wang cut the call immediately, leaving Yibo confused and mad.

"Your guarantee you say... Well if anything happens to him, you're dead you old man.." Yibo mumbled, gritting his teeth and making his hand into a tight fist, his eyes deadlier than poison and sharper than a knife, that it could dagger holes in your soul.

The opening and closing of a door, made Yibo come out of his trance. Turning around, he saw Zhan going towards the kitchen, all suited up. "Eat your breakfast then come here, we need to talk" Yibo said in a dark, husky voice, loud enough for the other male to hear him.

Zhan gulped at the tone of Yibo's voice, grabbing an apple and quickly munching on it. As soon as he was done, he slowly walked up to the couch Yibo was sitting on, and sat right beside him.

Feeling Zhan's presence, Yibo closed his laptop and averted his gaze from the laptop, to Zhan. "Long story short, me and the  others are attending an important event tonight and you must come with us, no other choice" at Yibo's statement, Zhan was beyond confused.

"Wait wait.. What? What event? And why do I have to come? What's going on?" Zhan asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. Yibo sighed, knowing if he doesn't answer Zhan's questions, something like the last night would happen, which would result in Zhan not agreeing to go with him.

"Well, it's like a gala, we're all invited along with you, so get ready by 7pm and also..." Yibo took a pause, looking at Zhan, continuing his statement "nothing.. Never mind, just be ready at 7pm sharp so we aren't late" saying that, Yibo got up from the couch taking his laptop, and left the lounge room.

Zhan sighed at the lack of information from Yibo, but was still thankful that he even got an answer unlike the night before. Checking the time, as it was still early, Zhan decided to spend a few hours at his studio instead of being in the mansion all day.

Zhan got up from the couch and called his driver to pick him up and drop him at his studio. After reaching his destination, Zhan got out of the car and into the building where his studio was.

Time flew by fast and it was now 5pm. Knowing better than to be late, Zhan got out of his studio and told his driver to drive to the mansion. After a good 20 minutes, they reached the mansion. Zhan got out of the car, and speed walked to his room.

Zhan got ready as he would for an award show, all groomed up and fashionable. The other guys were waiting for him in the living room. As soon as Zhan came out of his room, Yibo couldn't help but stare at the handsome man.

Zhan was wearing a white shirt, a dark maroon vest on top and dark gray leather pants with black shoes. His hair was put in a manbun and only a few strands were left free, on each side of his face. The sleaves of his shirt were rolled up, revealing his forearms.

Needless to say, he looked gorgeous and Yibo couldn't agree more. Realizing that he had probably been staring for too long, Yibo cleared his throat and walked out of the mansion, the other guys following his footsteps.

"It's 8pm already! Where are-" "Here" Yibo cut off his father's sentence, as all the guys entered the place where the gala was held. "Finally! Ji li and Zanjin, you come with me. Yibo, you accompany Zhan while Haikuan keeps an eye out for everything while I'm gone"

Nodding at his father's statement, Yibo guided Zhan to the main hall, as they both sat down at a table. They both sat at the opposite ends of the table, giving Yibo the opportunity to stare at Zhan.

"So... Why are we here again?" Zhan's sudden question caught Yibo off gaurd. "Like I told you, it's like a gala, only change is that we'll be doing some important work here and there.." Yibo said as he tried giving the best stable answer he could, without sounding suspicious.

"Okay then.." Zhan said as he finally took the time to look at Yibo properly. Yibo was wearing all black like usual but there was something that spoke to Zhan about Yibo's presence. Maybe because he's more groomed up? Or maybe because of his cold stare and deadly but dreamy eyes?

Zhan shook off his head, realizing what he was thinking. Grabbing his phone, he started going through social media to get his mind off of Yibo. While scrolling, he got a message from an unknown number.

It wasn't something new to him, since his number would sometimes get leaked and fans would call him nonstop. But the reason why he was confused was because he had just changed his number a few days ago and he was sure his number wouldn't have gotten leaked in just the matter of a few days, considering the high security he has.

As the call ended, there was a messege left from the same number. Out of curiosity, Zhan opened it and the shock on his face after reading the message, was filled with horror and confusion.

The number might be unknown to Zhan, but the owner of the number was quite familiar and known to Zhan....

~End of Chapter 3~