Chapter 10: "Stay with me.."

Turning on his car, he started driving back to the hotel he was staying at. As he was driving, he spotted a white colored car coming his way, from the opposite direction. He tried to change the direction of his car, but before he had the opportunity to do so, the white car already crashed into his.

• • • • • • •

       The music flowed in his ears as he moved his body to the rhythm, humming and singing along to the song that played in the background and echoed throughout the room. His lashes were on full display whenever he blinked his eyes. Sweat ran down his body, and a few strands of hair stuck to his forehead, as he finally finished his dance practice.

Making his way to the loud speakers, in the back of the room, he turned off the blasting music and took a deep breath in the silence. 11:57 A.M. It was almost 12 P.M. and Zhan had already been practicing for almost 3 hours, now. He decided to take a quick shower to get rid of the sweaty and sticky feeling.

After a warm and refreshing shower, he came back in the practice room; a towel below his torso, and hair, wet. As he sat down on the leather couch, he grabbed his phone from the table in front of him, and started going through his messages.

~

Ma ♡:

12 Missed calls
3 Messages

Cheng:

1 Missed call
7 Messages

Shijie ♡:

4 Missed calls

Ji Li:

3 Messages

+ 084280113605:

1 Missed call
1 Message

~

'What the hell? I only left my phone for 3 hours and all this?' Zhan thought as his eyes were widened at the sight before him. Seeing so many missed calls and messages from these many people, Zhan was beyond confused and scared. As he was about to open the messages from his mother, the same unknown number called; which had left him a message and a missed call before.

Hesitating, Zhan picked up the call. "Is this Xiao Zhan speaking?" The caller on the other side, spoke softly. He could tell from the voice that it was a female speaking. "Yes, this is Xiao Zhan, how may I help you?"

" ———————————————––––––––––––––––––––  uh hello? Mr. Xiao, are you still there?"

Those were the last words he heard before he abruptly cut the call off, and sat there; starting into the wall in front of him, tears slipping down his cheeks as he struggled to breathe. His breath was hitched and his heart was stuck in his throat, it felt like he was seeing his life flash right before his eyes.

*knock knock knock*

........

Silence. Utter silence.

*knock knock knock*