Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

When I wake the next morning, it took me a few seconds before remembering where I was. Once I familiarized myself with my environment – Katy’s  bedroom – memories of yesterday night came rushing back, giving me a slight head rush.

I start to groan in protest.

Can’t I not think for like a few more minutes?

What got into me for thinking this party was remotely a good idea?

I glance to my right, Katy is totally knocked out, must be from all the drinking.

“No way Sherlock,” sneers my subconscious.

I ignore the nasty voice at the back of my head as I reach for my iPhone that was laying on the night stand.

I consult the time; it was a little past eleven in the morning. I hate waking up late; it ruins my nonexistent plans for the day.

I open my phone and saw that I had three unopened text messages.

First one was from mom, ‘Working late, have fun at Katy’s x’

The second was from an unknown number, I open it and was shocked to see two of the simplest words in the English dictionary;

‘hey princess’

Well no doubt who this one is from: The Devil

But how the fridge did he obtain my number?

I already have to deal with him in reality, now virtually too? Ah hell nah.

I know I shouldn’t engage in a comeback and just ignore him as I’m accustomed to doing ever since he showed up in our lives last year but the urge for him to flip him off is stronger than the rational voice telling me that I should be the bigger person.

I text him back, two simple but very meaningful words:

‘bye asshole’

It is quite fun being sassy – unlike me – but very amusing. I decided that from now on and for the rest of my days; I won’t take shit from no one and especially not from boys with inflated egos.

Moving on, the final one was from Kent.  

‘Stay away from Cook.’

I start to reply; “Right. That is what I’ve been trying to do from the very first day I met the douche. Thanks for not nothing. FYI he’s your bestfriend.”

I erase the message instantly. Sending something is not an option since there’s no point in arguing. I’ll just ignore the both of them. It’s what’s best for me.

I turn to Katy who’s snuggled tightly to her pillow, still in her grand slumber.

I head to her personal washroom, brush my teeth, take my shower, and change into comfortable in home clothes – classic grey joggings and my Kodaline band t-shirt. All that within almost an hour.

I was surprised that Katy was still sleeping after all the racket I caused in the washroom. I think I’ve gave her more than enough time to sleep and recuperate from last night. This girl is seriously worse than sleeping beauty herself.

I open the curtains widely.

No luck.

I shake her arm lightly.