Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

Sunday's are my favorite days of the week. I get to lounge in my bed perched near my window and watch the rare cars passing by. I have the day to catch up on my reading and on my writing.At around noon, my peace is interrupted as Katy walks in and declares, "Come, let's go out." 

 I lower my book and look at my bookshelf and then back at her. "Sorry I'm booked," I respond unapologetically. 

 She remains standing at my door. 

 "No pun intended," I add. 

 "Fine. I won't bother you today because we didn't do any homework yesterday." 

 The day was passed with her laying on my floor studying, or should I say more like texting. By the look of her face it didn't look like she was very enthusiastic to be texting whomever she was frantically texting.Unable to quell my everlasting curiosity, I ask her, "Who is it that you're texting so intensely?" 

"No one," she responds with an unflattering tone. She sighs and looks away, "It's Cook." 

 I'm unable to hide the venom in my voice, "What does he want?" 

"Nothing. He just wants to meet up tonight," she says with a smaller a tone, a tone that does not resemble her at all. There's definitely something wrong now and my dislike for him is ever-growing."Katy? What's wrong? You're not thinking of seeing him right...?" 

 "No-no. Of course not. It's honestly nothing. I am over him." 

 "OK. Good." 

 "I have to head home..," she informs me as she shoves her unopened textbook in her bag pack. I give her a suspicious glance."No. I really have to go home. Dad finished cooking." 

 "OK. Text me later," I plead. 

 "Will do. Bye." And just like that she walks out the door. 

 When Katy leaves, the clutter of thoughts I tried to desperately suppress start to resurface in my mind. The mention of Cook's name reminds me of the events of Friday night. As cheesy as it sounds, I've come to the conclusion that Kent will always hold a special place in my heart and that's because of the past. I should let go because I might think I see the boy I used to know when I look into his eyes but he has changed. I have changed. I want to let go but when he talks to me, the memories from before impairs me and makes me hold on to him. He is the only good thing I have left from those days. That scares me, because so much importance towards one person that has stop reciprocating their feelings towards you - will ultimately destroy you, slowly rip your heart to shreds little by little. I like to think - to hope - that he'll come around and things will become like before. I hate when I try to rationalize with myself. I want to let the past go. I want to let Kent Matthews - along with our old friendship - go. 

 My thoughts scrambled to Mark who probably hates me since he's still not answering my texts. It looks like I'm back to having a single friend. It's weird, after the accident, it feels like I am utterly alone because even Katy seems to be acting strange around me. Then there's mom who seems to be working more than ever and going out on dates with her coworker on the nights she doesn't work. I miss my dad. I miss myself - my old self - whoever I was. I can't remember who I used to be. Part of me died along with him. Despite what everyone says, I do believe that people change. All the time. Small changes, mild changes, drastic changes, they're all a part of growing on a day to day basis. 

 I grab my journal and start to scribble down all these thoughts in a way to flush them out of my head. Alleviate their weight in the only therapeutic way I know how: writing. I emerged myself in my writing.After few hours and a horrible wrist cramp, I am mentally, emotionally, and physically drained.I stretch wider than a cat, get up from my bed, and head straight under the shower head. Once done, I bury myself in my covers and fall asleep instantly.