Chapter Sixty

Chapter Sixty

Everyone was supposed to meet for photographs at Amanda's majestic mansion. Her parents even hired professional photographers. Their job was to record some of the event but mostly to take picture as we posed in the foyer, on staircases, the lawn, the water fountain, and the likes. Everyone was palpating with excitement. It was the exact crew from her New Year's Eve party.

My dress was a simple royal blue long dress. It was somewhere between satin but not quite as the material was much much cheaper. The only thing to it was the low front v neck and the slit on the left leg that made it interesting and not too plain. I didn't want anything with diamonds or studs. I just wanted simple. My heels were also a simple navy blue that had more interesting tying at the ankle level that could be seen only through the slit. I knew what side I had to constantly pose on.

Cook had a black tux and shirt. He was black from head to toe. The only sign of us being a couple was obviously his matching navy blue tie snd the fact that his hand was always on my lower back.

Cook and I thought the same thing. Thoughts about New Year's Eve and how we hadn't even got to wish the other a happy new year and now here we were finally together and happy.

We hadn't shown each other our outfits but I had told him the exact color my dress was in. Finally seeing each others attire filled us with wonder and lust. At least our curiosity was satisfied.

Viana and Kent matched as well so did Ashton and Jane and well Penelope and Amanda, whom didn't tell her parents that her date was in fact her date and not a friend thing you did when you were single and had no one to go as couple with.

The only ones sticking out were Wesley, Katy, and Mark, which all three stood far away from each other but meshed with us in photos and within the couples. I was the only one that knew why and that made me incredibly sad. At least if Wesley and Mark could be together...

As for Katy she said the board wasn't allowing her 'aged' boyfriend attend a teenage school affair. She gave distasteful looks to Jane and Viana who ran the committee.

Everyone tried the best to include the trio into the festivities, photos, and dances.

***

After eating, the entire 3 hours were spent taking more pictures and videos followed by lots of dancing and sore feat. At the end of it all, before The Last Dance, slides of the graduating class were being displayed. There were pictures of us at soccer games, at the Halloween party, etc. There were then pictures of teachers, the vice principal and the principal, and then of the members of the committee. There was a speech from the principal and then announcements of greatest accomplishment this year academically and as a school accepting international students, like Cook and Wesley. And then the part everyone was waiting for was the prom King and Queen announcement. Everyone was dying for that.

"Kent Matthews and Katelyn Novak."

The room exploded with claps and roars. Only I could tell how awkward this was for both of them, giving they were in a serious relationship with someone else. They were secretly pleased but now I could see that they had no chemistry or coordination together whatsoever. They hugged, got their crowns, took pictures, and rushed off the makeshift stage once everyone was satisfied.

The Golden Couple that would never be.

A high school tragedy.

I laughed at myself. Finding myself quite witty. Cook pinched me lightly.

"Why are you laughing? Share me your thoughts."

I laughed again. "It's not important. What's important is you and I."

"Kiss me."

He drew me in and we had our Last Dance as our own makeshift Golden Couple. Why should there be one when there's at least a dozen in the room? I thought as I glanced at my friends. Ashton winked at me. He's the biggest shipper of Cook and I's relationship. Bigger than Mark actually. And that's no small feat.